Hey forum!

I recently got my new guitar, an Ibanez RGT6EXFX 2010 model and I had it set up for Drop B, the strings I currently use are 0.12-0.60

Can I change the 0.60 string for something thicker, like 0.65 och 0.68? Is this possible?

If it is I might change all the strings to something like 0.13-0.65 or similar.
Last edited by Gibanez at Aug 26, 2010,
Theoritically yes, very easy to put heavier strings on and guitar, however if that guitar has a trem, and one side of the strings have more tension than the other the trem could become misbalanced. Also intonation could become an issue as well as the truss rod and neck bow.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

^ C# standard with the dropped b. 13's are fine but if you only put a heavier b string on, you maybe need to re-intonate, adjust truss rod and rebalance your trem, if you have one.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by charlescray
? I thought it was B F# B E G# C#? At least that's what I call drop B.

That is Drop B The others just don't know the tuning of each string.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Just keep in mind that larger strings might not actually fit into the tuner, so you may need to unwind some of the windings to fit them in.
Also, you'll probably need to adjust the truss rod too.
Thanks for all the quick answers much appreciated

Thing is, I usually play in either Drop B och Drop A#, and sometimes(not very often) I go down to Drop A. In Drop B my current setup works just fine, but for drop A# I'd like to have a heavier B string..