Not too sure where this should go.....move if needed.
What should I take? Boss GT-10 or Peavey Vypyr 30? Quality of high gain and clean amps being my priority.....if I take the Vypyr, I'll be taking the Sanpera II as well.
Will be playing my LTD through it, and maybe an Ibanez RGA-8 as well (if I get one).
EDIT: Will play mostly metal, like In Flames, CoB, Dream Theater, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Iron Maiden, you get my drift.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Aug 26, 2010,
these are two different products. if you need a very good multi effects unit get the GT-10, but if you need an amp with reasonably decent amp models get the vyper. The best thing you could do would be to save up for a decent tube amp before delving into loads of effects, as the GT- 10 won't make an MG sound good, its an effects pedal not a miracle machine.
Quote by Iain.Peters
Guthrie Govan. 'nuff said.
Last edited by lordrcceaser at Aug 26, 2010,
I don't know about a GT-10, but I have a Vypyr 30. I absolutely adore it. It's hella loud, so anything up to small gigs, it'd be great for. It has a ton of different amp models and effects, as you probably know, so you can get your own sound out of it, once you've tweaked it enough. While playing at high gain, it still seems ok, though my playing often makes it sound a little muddier than it is. Between some of the heavier amps, and some of the other great sounding clean amps, it's fairly versatile. If you want to play metal, this'll be a great amp, plus if you move out of the genre for something else, the amp could probably do that. I put my recommendation on the Vypyr
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Here, a GT-10 costs ~ RS30,000. A Vypyr 30 witht he Sanpera II is ~RS28,000. The Tube 60 is way out of my budget.
From what everyone is saying, i should just take the Vypyr? Tube amps are not an option as they are horrendously expensive this side of the equator.....
I'd say grab the Vypyr. I've run a GT-8 (not the same, but not entirely different either) through a solid state practice amp and the amp modelling is pretty shitty like that. Especially if you want high gain.
Quote by Avedas
I'd say grab the Vypyr. I've run a GT-8 (not the same, but not entirely different either) through a solid state practice amp and the amp modelling is pretty shitty like that. Especially if you want high gain.

yeah, I did the same thing when I rented a GT 8 from L&M and played it through my Cub practice amp. Once I got my halfstack home from the jam spot though and ran it through the effects loop it was a completely different beast and fell in love with it.
you should get the vyper if you want more preamp models over your MG15

you should get the GT-10 if you have something to play the sound through(like a studio monitor/FRFR system, but not your MG or vyper)

i strictly use my preamps in my GT10, so i output it into a stereo boom box :|

but if i had your exact setup, i would of gotten the vyper. I had a Microcube before, but i was lucky that the stereo boom box i found works well enough(free). i would be disappointed to run the GT-10 through the microcube if i wanted to use the preamps on the GT10.

GT-10 -> your MG = use the effects only from the GT 10, like distortions and reverb

Vyper = sell MG and save towards something else
If its for practice at home you'll get FAR better tones out of the GT10. GT10 through headphones or good monitor speakers will sound in a completely different league from the vypr
GT-10 -> your MG = use the effects only from the GT 10, like distortions and reverb

Vyper = sell MG and save towards something else

You eman use the GT10 if I keep the MG, and the Vypyr if I'm going to sell the MG?