Well when I was playing the guitar i was fingerpicking the chords and i needed to strum with the pick immediatly during the song and it took some time to stop fingerpicking, grab the pick and start strumming. Do you guys know a way to keep the pick in your hand when you are fingertapping or fingerpicking and immediatly start playing with it when necessary?
hm, i sometimes get the same problem, but more i practise more the problem fades away, just try finding your perfect hold for pick that is comfortable for you.<----(thats how i am solving my pick "problems")
Quote by GuitarBassVoice
Well when I was playing the guitar i was fingerpicking the chords and i needed to strum with the pick immediatly during the song and it took some time to stop fingerpicking, grab the pick and start strumming. Do you guys know a way to keep the pick in your hand when you are fingertapping or fingerpicking and immediatly start playing with it when necessary?

Generally if something absolutely has to be fingerpicked in the middle of a piece that otherwise needs a pick then bybrid picking is the way to go, that is to say using both your pick and the fingers that aren't holding the pick to pluck the strings.

Also for tapping I favour tapping with my middle finger rather than the index so I can keep hold of the pick in a normal grip while I'm doing it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Generally if something absolutely has to be fingerpicked in the middle of a piece that otherwise needs a pick then bybrid picking is the way to go, that is to say using both your pick and the fingers that aren't holding the pick to pluck the strings.

Also for tapping I favour tapping with my middle finger rather than the index so I can keep hold of the pick in a normal grip while I'm doing it.

I agree Hybrid picking is the way to go here. Or you can try to tuck the pick into your palm and just hold it in the folds of skin, will take a bit of practice to get right.
its the way you feel most confortable. i had the same problem, so i changed different ways to hold my pick. and finally i found my hold. and keep practicing, find a good holding pot for the pick so that you can strum fast