im looking at the more expensive one, ltd i think its called

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-B-C-RICH-IRON-BIRD-LTD-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-FLOYD-ROSE-/360291311995?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV#ht_6058wt_1137

i would be using this guitar purely for down tuned deathcore/death metal,

i personally like the shape and i dont care if its a 'retarded razorback', i actually prefer it as its smaller and i imagine easier to handle

what i want to know is how are bc rich necks? ive never played one and i own a jackson and ibanez, ive previously owned an agile aswell, so i want to know how fast it is compared to say an ibanez or jackson or an agile,

i would ideally swap the pickups for something like x2n or blackouts but what are the standard pickups like?

i used a laney lc50 tube combo, a ehx metal muff, and a morley power/volume wah (as a kind of noisegate)

all help is much appreciated
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
I think you've got enough guitars.. You should save for a higher class one and see what really is a good jackson or ibanez..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

There are no fast necks, every neck is as fast as the other when you get used to it...
And I second Sakke, you already have enough guitars so why pile on more low end guitars when you can get a few high end ones?
A "retarded razorback"?

Seeing as the Iron Bird has been around since the early 80's, I think its hardly a retarded razorback. More like a Razorback is a retarded Iron Bird.
I've always really liked how Ironbirds looked (especially in white), but I've always had a suspicion they wouldn't be very comfortable to play while standing. (Although, I've never actually played one because no store around here gets anything like that.)

Also, if you're going to get any B.C. Rich, make sure you get a high-end one; the low end ones aren't that good at all.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
i said retarded razorback as i read the reviews of the ironbird one on this forum and multiple people described it as such,

im looking to probably sell my jackson ke3, my cort x 11 doesnt have a neck pickup or middle (something to do with wiring or soldering but i have no idea about that stuff so its going to be a project guitar at some point) and then im left with my ibanez which i love, so i decided i want another guitar purely for down tuned stuff (drop a drop b etc)

are the necks very thin on bc's?

plus i really like the shape, this is definitely in top 3 shapes of guitar in my opinion,
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Spec-wise it isn't that bad, but... get a guitar with longer scale. Especially that you want to down-tune.
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
Quote by Sakke
I think you've got enough guitars.. You should save for a higher class one and see what really is a good jackson or ibanez..

so you think he doesnt need another guitar but he should get a higher class guitar?

In my opinion, B.C RICH is ashit brand
All the ironbirds ive played have been quite neckheavy and just generally uncomfortable. And as others have said, low end BC riches are not very good at all. Dont buy a guitar based only on its shape.
ive decided im going to get a jackson pdx king v, i love the shape (i have done since it first came out) and im going to upgrade the pickups when funds permit, dimarzio x2n bridge and not sure about the neck yet,

i play in alot of different tunings so i like to have 3-4 guitars in different tunings so i dont have the hassle to constantly change tuning ( when i gig i have two guitars the same tuning for obvious reasons), this is my personal preferance, for the money ive spent on guitars i could of bought either one usa custom jackson, or 3 decent guitars, ibanez s320, jackson ke3 and cort x11, all are better at different things
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by staggguitarhead
so you think he doesnt need another guitar but he should get a higher class guitar?

In my opinion ignorance is a bitch.

Just because their low-end models such as the Warlocks and such are shit doesn't mean that their high-end isn't very respectable.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by staggguitarhead

Yeah well, I meant like if he could save for a higher-end one and trade/sell his other guitar..
It is really no use to have a pile of low to mid-class guitars.. And besides, the ironbird is quite crap...
B.C Rich isn't crap, just their lower end models are. I've tried Jr.V out and I really liked it,apart from the extreme shape, but the sound was okay. And I played it through a Peavey Valveking.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.