The 33 Chilean miners trapped deep underground have been told they may not be rescued for several months, the country's health minister has said.

Jaime Manalich said the miners, trapped 700m below ground since 5 August, had reacted calmly, AFP news agency said.

Officials had delayed breaking the news out of concern for their mental well-being.

A special exercise and recreation programme is being set up to keep the men fit during their long wait.

They will also need to be in shape to be pulled up the 66cm (26 inches) wide shaft that is being bored to rescue them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11092343

Hot damn... thoughts?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Stuck in a small area, with 32 other guys? Damn.

They're lucky they survived to the point of being found, apparently they have ventilation and what not.

They're all miners and used to being underground, but still, that's gotta suck. Beats dying in the collapse I guess.
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
Quote by boreamor
"The plan is to pave over this whole area, and get on with our lives".

AW GODDAMMIT
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Scary. That's probably my worst nightmare.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The reality is that they actually don't know how long it could take. They've been told that it 'could take months' when the people planning the rescue have said that it could be until next summer when they're rescued. I'd go nuts frankly.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by loose bowels
A massive gangbang is the only answer.

xD
"Just because you are a character, does not mean that you have character"
-Pulp Fiction
Quote by IYanoplathizoI
Those guys are gonna have to be rock tough.

Too soon man
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
i wonder how many blowup dolls they send down the little tube they have.
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
If it was me, id tell them to quit passing down water and cans of food and just pass down a loaded gun............**** that!
Damn... wonder if any of them like Foo Fighters?
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by Paramore.

W-what?

What does that have to do with anything?
Quote by btones
W-what?

What does that have to do with anything?

There was a story about a bunch of miners trapped down a mine, and all they asked for was a stereo and Foo Fighters albums. The Foo Fighters were so touched by this they wrote a song for them.
Quote by Paramore.

Win!

Actually on topic, that is bloody horrible. I don't know how long I could stay underground like that before I'd start to crack.
Last edited by FlashNinja at Aug 26, 2010,
Quote by boreamor
There was a story about a bunch of miners trapped down a mine, and all they asked for was a stereo and Foo Fighters albums. The Foo Fighters were so touched by this they wrote a song for them.

Oh ok.

Not knowing that, that totally took me off guard. I was expecting some puns.
Been reading bits and pieces about this, it's awful, but quite amazing. I read an article in The Times by Colonel Richard Kemp, he was talking about morale, how to keep it going and things; one thing he said which I remember particularly was that none of the miners should phone their families, it could push them over the edge and really damage the group mentally, or possibly endanger them.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Been reading bits and pieces about this, it's awful, but quite amazing. I read an article in The Times by Colonel Richard Kemp, he was talking about morale, how to keep it going and things; one thing he said which I remember particularly was that none of the miners should phone their families, it could push them over the edge and really damage the group mentally, or possibly endanger them.

What was his reasoning behind that?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

I can see the logic... And also the anti-logic really. It'd kill them not hearing from their families. But it could be worse hearing "I miss you so much... I don't know what I'd do without you". Lots of crying would ensue.
Quote by boreamor
"The plan is to pave over this whole area, and get on with our lives".

You absolute dick!

...I laughed.

But really, that must suck really, really bad. Hope they get out as soon as possible.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
i hope they don't have a mental collapse, that would bring them down
After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by asator
You absolute dick!

...I laughed.

But really, that must suck really, really bad. Hope they get out as soon as possible.

I think the same thing for Aberdonians.

Being buried underground for months in Chile would probably raise the chance they'd see some sun, though.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by boreamor
I can see the logic... And also the anti-logic really. It'd kill them not hearing from their families. But it could be worse hearing "I miss you so much... I don't know what I'd do without you". Lots of crying would ensue.

Exactly. Besides, it might be best to make sure that all of the miners are mentally on the same page. It'd be pretty harsh if the others were all calling their families for the one who doesn't have one. Differences between the 32 men will only evoke tension, I guess.
Apparently it's 30 C under there.

They must be some Red Hot Chilean Prospectors.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by boreamor
They've already been recieving and writing letters to their families but I suppose hearing their voices would be tough. I hope these guys get out as soon as possible, I can't imagine being confined underground for that long.

Edit:
Quote by vagelier
Exactly. Besides, it might be best to make sure that all of the miners are mentally on the same page. It'd be pretty harsh if the others were all calling their families for the one who doesn't have one. Differences between the 32 men will only evoke tension, I guess.
As I said, they've already sent and recieved letters.
Last edited by 12345abcd3 at Aug 26, 2010,
Quote by TheBurningFish
I think the same thing for Aberdonians.

Being buried underground for months in Chile would probably raise the chance they'd see some sun, though.

probably, yeah
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Kensai

Others beat me to it with the reasoning actually. Try and keep emotions more level amongst the men. Shame I can't get to the article, what with The Times' website now being a subscription-only one.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by TheBurningFish
Apparently it's 30 C under there.

They must be some Red Hot Chilean Prospectors.

I feel like such a jackass for laughing at that.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.