Can anyone recommend a power unit for running up to 4+ 9v pedals? nothing very big in size and most important does not interfere with my Amp aka buzzing/noise .. Budget is $250/300 USD tops. Cheers
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Just get a 1 spot.....and buy more gear with the money u save....
You should just use a 1-Spot power adapter and buy the cable which will fit your needs, I bought the 5 pedal cable, because I only power 3 pedals and I don't ever see myself having more than 5 which I'll need at once.
t-rex Fuel tank jnr will suit your needs perfectly. Its a really good power supply:p
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
I've never had any problems with my 1spot, and it powers around 8-9 pedals I think. I've only ever ran three at the most though. And it's like 40 bucks with all the attachments
Could try Cioks if you find them
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
OK thanks for the help everyone =)
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
The thing with daisy chains is the chance of getting some hum. You won't get that with the higher end power supplies. I'm not currently getting any hum with my chain, but the second I do I'm going to go buy a real supply.
Seeing as you're an Aussie, I'd get a BBE Supacharger from the US, it ends up being around $200-250 AUD, and they're basically a direct clone of the Voodoo Labs PP2, but with selectable voltage so you can use it here no problem. Most power supplies wont be able to run on 240v if you get them from the US, they use 120v, so you either need a switchable one like the BBE, or a step down transformer which could end up costing as much as the power supply itself.
careful going with a 1-spot, or any daisy chain for that matter (including the Dunlop DC Brick, which is just a daisy chain in a box). you're gonna want isolated outputs. since your budget is up there, go ahead and do yourself a favor, get a good power source now rather than pay for one later and wasting cash just getting by in the mean time IMO.
Quote by GrisKy
careful going with a 1-spot, or any daisy chain for that matter (including the Dunlop DC Brick, which is just a daisy chain in a box). you're gonna want isolated outputs. since your budget is up there, go ahead and do yourself a favor, get a good power source now rather than pay for one later and wasting cash just getting by in the mean time IMO.

I can't say for sure how the DC Brick is designed inside. For my purposes, it's fine. I'd considered the One Spot, but chose the brick. At least you won't have to worry about overheating, overload or power surges and shorts!

For an averaqe dude like me, it was just the ticket. Sure there are better ones, but I couldn't justify the money. At the same time, it seemed a better product than the One Spot.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
Quote by Ratraisin
I can't say for sure how the DC Brick is designed inside.

You don't have to, I'm telling you, for sure, that's what's going on inside it.
No offense, but I take declarations I read on this board very lightly. I don't know who you are or what you know. It would be nice if I could read that somewhere. I did some Googling after reading your post, but didn't happen to find anything yet.

Unless it's got a significant voltage drop, it's still no matter.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
Last edited by Ratraisin at Aug 27, 2010,
Thanks guys, Gonna go with a T-Rex Fuel Tank Classic