Hey people! I'm new to the electric guitar scene and am busy saving my pennies in order to get my own guitar.

I've been playing a friend's stratocaster and now want my own guitar. I have been researching and have come to love PRS guitars. As I am new though I can't really spend 2 or 3 grand on one.

What I ask then, is what is the best PRS for under £1000? I am wondering if the Mira which is a bit more than a grand is worth it too?

I play Santana ( as the name suggests ) and Stevie Ray Vaughan along with a bit of BB King and a bit of Hendrix, so I need a very flexible guitar.

Thanks in advance,
Last edited by Santanarama at Aug 26, 2010,
the PRS Torero is a great guitar for under $1000. although it does have a floyd rose bridge which may be too strange to use for a beginner
Torero is more of a metal guitar... Try looking on Ebay first, if not, the custom SE's are just fine for blues and hendrix.
You're just starting guitar and you're ready to drop £1000 on gear? Wow.

Either way, I'd suggest getting a strat of some sort looking at the bands you listen to. If you really want the PRS, I'd definitely rate the PRS SE line, especially the Customs.

In terms of amps, I'd get a HT-5 if I were you, maybe a Fender Super-Champ or Reverb.
Gear:
- Ibanez RGR465M
- Ibanez S770FM
- PRS SE Custom
- Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
Quote by ArpeggiateTHIS
You're just starting guitar and you're ready to drop £1000 on gear? Wow.

Either way, I'd suggest getting a strat of some sort looking at the bands you listen to. If you really want the PRS, I'd definitely rate the PRS SE line, especially the Customs.

In terms of amps, I'd get a HT-5 if I were you, maybe a Fender Super-Champ or Reverb.

I'm a lucky boy I know, how much would I be looking at for those Amps?
And that song contained HOW many notes Mr. Malmsteen?
Quote by idkputanamehere
i personally love both the starla x and mira x they are very light and around $1100

Are they worth the extra cash as opposed to an SE model though?
can we all get on the same form of money here?

TS - what prs guitars are under your budget?
I work in pounds, but it's easy to figureout the conversion from dollars

The prs guitars under my budget are the Mira, Mira X and all of the SE models,
Quote by Santanarama
Are they worth the extra cash as opposed to an SE model though?

yes they are fantastic if i could i would buy both, they are pretty versitile, insanely light and have an epic neck
Quote by Santanarama
I work in pounds, but it's easy to figureout the conversion from dollars

The prs guitars under my budget are the Mira, Mira X and all of the SE models,

well the mira is mahogany with a mohogany neck. the mira x is a pau ferro body i believe.

different vibes really.

also different neck profiles. the mira has the standard or wide thin, the X has a wide fat.

for classic rock i'd probably go with the mira. also, it has teh coil splitz so it is a tad more versatile.
HT-5 can be around £400, depending upon whether you want a small one or a mini-stack. They're both 5 watt tube amps, really good for the money. They've also brought out some newer, louder ones but I'd say my HT-5 is plenty loud.
Gear:
- Ibanez RGR465M
- Ibanez S770FM
- PRS SE Custom
- Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
New only the Mira and SE models are under £1000 althrough if you go used a whole new world of possibilities opens up. CE22/24 models usually sell for around the £900 mark whilst Custom 22/24 tend to be around £1200.
Quote by idkputanamehere
the x is a african basswood body the FRETBOARD is pao ferro

i thought they were basswood. i read that and went what?

but i'd go with the mahogany body/neck either way for this stuff.
Quote by gregs1020
i thought they were basswood. i read that and went what?

but i'd go with the mahogany body/neck either way for this stuff.

its some kind of freaky basswood not the nornal run of the mill cheap bullshit u find everywhere