Not sure if this is the right forum, feel free to move it.

Basically on monday I'm going to bu a mac book pro. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the multi touch track pad, and could tell me how it compares to a mouse. Does it replace the need for a mouse, or will I need to budget for a mouse aswell. I will be using the mac for recording etc.

Thanks for your help.

Trust in me and fall aswell.
Works fine for me. I had no reason to get a mouse. Except for the times when my dog licks my hands while I'm sitting on my laptop, and then I can't use it until I wipe them off.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
You'll never want a mouse again. I got a MacBook a few months ago and now I'm addicted to the trackpad; IMO it's absolutely the best feature on MacBooks/MBPs.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
It's pretty good, but you may want a mouse for programs that are right-click heavy...Windows ports, mostly.

This could be said of any mac, I suppose, but desktops are much easier to control+click with.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Aug 26, 2010,
It's an awesome trackpad. It's so awesome they made one for the desktop (Magic Trackpad). So you wont be needing a mouse.
As to the right-click comment, you can set your trackpad up so that one corner is designated for that "right-click" or....you can just use two fingers....if you know what I mean.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Allright thats good news. Cheers for the help guys.
Trust in me and fall aswell.
its fantastic! i can't use normal laptops now, its so big as well! You can literally set it up to do what you want. you're gonna enjoy it trust me!
Using one right now. It's epically awesome.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
It's easily the best trackpad out there right now. Install multiclutch after you get it so you can assign command gestures for programs.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by alexmonty12
I love it. I hate having a mouse now, and not being able to use little finger movements to get where I need to be.

http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/

Mine arrives today
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by MAC2322

It's not that good, and awkward to handle.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It's probably the best trackpad available, but I hate trackpads and only use mice when I can.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by BrokenDstring
As to the right-click comment, you can set your trackpad up so that one corner is designated for that "right-click" or....you can just use two fingers....if you know what I mean.

I've had my macbook for almost 2 years now and I don't even think I knew that lol I always just hold in Control and click