So I've been scouting around and I've decided that I want a LTD KH-202
Is this a good intermediate guitar for gigs? I'm hearing some good and bad stuff. But I wanna be sure. What other guitar that has floyd rose and EMGs and a thin neck for shreding do you recommend? My budget is like, 400$ at best, so I'll problably have to do some looking around on eBay or locally.
Quote by RasenShuriken
So I've been scouting around and I've decided that I want a LTD KH-202
Is this a good intermediate guitar for gigs? I'm hearing some good and bad stuff. But I wanna be sure. What other guitar that has floyd rose and EMGs and a thin neck for shreding do you recommend? My budget is like, 400$ at best, so I'll problably have to do some looking around on eBay or locally.

I'd say its an okay intermediate guitar but not worth it overall because first off those "EMGs" aren't the 81 85 combo you're probably thinking of but instead "ESP LH-301 pickups" and the floyd rose is a special so its nothing amazing, but if you do look locally/ebay you'll probably be able to find a guitar with 81/85 combo and a better floyd rose
a jackson dkmg for example has 81 85s and a licensed floyd rose but i hear good things about quality on jackson floyd roses so its a quality deal and ive seen em go for 300-400 on craigslist
The KH is the biggest waste of money sig ever conceived. (IMO)

You be better off with a used LTD M-300 or if you don't mind buying EMGs afterwards one of the many Ibanez RG/S's since you want a thin neck.
Quote by siverstorm
The KH is the biggest waste of money sig ever conceived. (IMO)

You be better off with a used LTD M-300 or if you don't mind buying EMGs afterwards one of the many Ibanez RG/S's since you want a thin neck.

That.

Completely off topic: I like the username, TS.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
But I would recommend putting Emg's in it and maybe a different floyd rose
Methinks OP wants the guitar merely for the Kirk Hammet factor.
Take it from us and buy a different guitar, you wont regret it in the long run.
Get a Washburn, i'm sure for that price in fact nearly certain that you can get EMGs (probably 81/85) for under 400 bucks.

They are majorly overlooked for their electri
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Search em up. Ibanez is known for their paper thin necks and geared towards shredding more than anything else.
yeah I've heard that, I always thaught it was only the more expensive ones like Jem's and stuff. I will highly consider it. How is the tone on the pickups?
Not great, but neither is that of the LH-301 set in the KH 202. I'd suggest an Ibanez S series since it has a good bridge if you're going new; if you're willing to go used you MAY be able to find an RG5xx series for fairly cheap (equivalent to modern Ibanez Prestiges).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, go for something else. The LTD's are great, I'd recommend either getting an M or MH, or going Jackson or Ibanez. I made the decision to get one when I wasn't as experienced, and now I don't hate the guitar, but I look back and wish I had picked up a different LTD guitar, I could have gotten better for the money.
well, technically, no. It has a ZR system. It does not pivot on knife edges, rather it pivots on ball bearings.

For almost all intents and purposes, yes it does.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by RasenShuriken
Does the S series have a floyd rose system?

Yep. Here you go. http://www.ibanez.com/eg

You can do some research yourself about the brand, and see if there's anything that interests you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X