Poll Options
View poll results: Make a choice , fella
A
53 42%
B
72 58%
Voters: 125.
Page 1 of 2
So, lets say the situation is that you were in a long-term relationship and you have just been dumped . Are you a type of person that could overcome the sadness etc quite quickly either by having a routine/plan that you do to cheer yourself up .
- Lets call this A for the poll

or.. are you the type of person that would let it get to you and wouldn't really do much about it?
- B in the poll
I've never been in a long-term relationship but I would probably just let it go. I don't usually dwell on the past.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I've never been in any relationship but I assume I'd probably let it get to me while pretending to smile at all the people who do not care about my life.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
After 30 years I don't think I'd have much bounce.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It depends on the condition of such a thing.

It's more about your nature or determination, i have bounced back after being dumped after telling a girl i loved her

I tend to move past it, but the wound is still there, then it becomes a time thing.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I would prolly drink myself to death.
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Quote by Anthony1991
It depends on the condition of such a thing.

It's more about your nature or determination, i have bounced back after being dumped after telling a girl i loved her

I tend to move past it, but the wound is still there, then it becomes a time thing.

exactly that, it hurts and it hasnt gone away but i think it has made me abit stronger... im not going to fall for it again

ALL women are out to get us!!!

ALL OF THEM!!!
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
I never usually get down about anything but my last relationship ended about 8 months ago and i'm still kind of down about that
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
There's a lot of women in the world and this one couldn't take the awesome that is me, big deal.

Nah, i'd probaly be sad for a few days and then get over it.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Dave Frenzy
exactly that, it hurts and it hasnt gone away but i think it has made me abit stronger... im not going to fall for it again

ALL women are out to get us!!!

ALL OF THEM!!!

Just time that's all, i mean it lasted for about a year because it's the ultimate crushing - especially when it was college and everyone knew about it, i'd be walking down the hall and girls would 'awhhhh' at me

Things happen i guess, i'd rather have the experience than not i suppose.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
The only real relationship I've ever had was when I was like twelve years old. We "went out" for about a year, and to be honest I still think I truly loved her even though I was so young. She started acting weird around the end of summer 06 (because her parents were splitting which I didn't know/understand) to the point where I couldn't stand her. Broke up with her in September '06 and moved on. She then moved with her father about 500 miles away a couple weeks later. We got back on friendly terms in the winter of '07, and have been in an open long term relationship since July '07. Me and her still date other people since we're so far away, but whenever we're together we act as a couple. It's sort of odd, but it's alright. I haven't actually seen her since May of 2008. My first act of having my full driver's license however is going all that distance (including a very long gravel road and a boat trip) to visit her for about a week. I leave tomorrow.

I guess the TL;DR would be that when the break up first happened I didn't care at all, but still sort of dwell on it in a loose sense.
I'm bouncy.

edit: though, no one has ever dumped me. I've always been the dumper.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 26, 2010,
One of the few things that i do very well.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I definitely take a long time to bounce back. I'm on my tenth month since my most recent long term deal, and I'm just now starting to get things back in order.

Although, this might be a special case considering she knows she made a mistake but can't bring herself to admit it and I, sadly, am fully willing to forgive her.

Love is brutal man.
If this one ends I probably wouldn't bounce back. I'd prefer staying single. Much simpler life.
I haven't really seriously dated anyone for a couple years now. I just haven't had any interest in it really. I've had some romantic interests and have casually dated, but i've never really wanted to be in anything serious with them.

Back in my 12 year old Linkin Park days, it would take me months to get over really pathetic relationships, now I don't care much.
I'd probably get hammered and go to a bar with some friends looking for tail.

If you have a problem, just do like any other man. Completely ignore/deny it, and find something distracting you away from it Dealing with problems are totally for pussies
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
Pretty good. You might have read about it.......

It's gonna be a blue day
In month no. 2 of moping around feeling sorry for myself. Seems to have taken around 3 months, maybe a little longer, the other times it has happened. This last one was pretty heavy stuff though so I'm expecting longer. :/
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

I'm the kind of person that tends to dwell on things in the past. It's certainly one of my less liked qualities. I mean sure it takes me a long time to get over things, but once I'm over them, I feel really good about the past... It just takes a long time for me to get closure over things like that, especially if they were my own doing.
Quote by Jackal58
After 30 years I don't think I'd have much bounce.

Not sure if joking...

If so,

If not: I dunno.

OT: Never been in a relationship. I wouldn't know.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If a gal dumps me, she's lucky if I don't fuck her sister or hot friend before the night's over.
...Let's just say it's taking me a while to get over this last one.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Girlfriend of 2 years and 8 months dumped me about a month ago. I was bad for about a week, but then realised i shouldn't care.
My last GF who dumped me i was a whiney little emo fag about it for a while.

I think if my current relationship ended id be more inclined not to be a bitch about it and get on with life. So much time wasted thinking what i did wrong, why she didn't want me. Ultimately, you just come to the conclusion your ex was a total c*nt and you deserve better.
Yeah man, BB King brings me right back. I have a week or two of strange behaviour, then I hear the first few notes of The Thrill Is Gone, or Hummingbird, and I'm good.
I've been with my girl for 1 year 8 months. I would be devastated if we broke up. But in the past with little high school relationships that lasted only 3 months, I got over those pretty damn fast.
ಠ_ಠ
mmmm i dont knows, i used to be one of those emo kids that cries for like months after a breakup but that was middle school. yea i was pretty gay no doubt. but if i do break up with a girl friend ive been seeing for awhile now, id just get over it cause i do have more important things to worry about unlike the simpler days of middle school. and because of that the breakup wont feel as bad.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
C. I would bury my emotions like I do with my anger and forget about it.

The problem with burying anger is that I snap sometimes...
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I would like to say A, but the truth is most definitely B. I didn't talk to my ex (From 7th grade, not really relevant now,) for a while, almost a year, just because we broke up.

We were still friends and everything, I just didn't...

I'm not good with relationships at all, I'm giving up on them until I'm older.
Im in my first real long term relationship right now (a year in october), and dude, i would be dead for a good 2-3 months at least, probably longer actually.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
I still haven't bounced back from something that never was a few months back. I'm pathetic
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
i get over things extremely fast, i dunno if i actually got over it or if i just internalize it all and it just seems like nothing
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Page 1 of 2