Hey guys,

First of all, I have absolutely no idea where to write this so here it goes..

While watching live footage, I saw that many guitarist use wristbands.. So I decided to buy one.

I got this:

Anyway, I think people use it for sweat but they made me play more comfortable. They let me play at speeds that I cant usually go on. Is that placebo effect?

Rather than that, I heard that they block muscle development.. Is that true?

Gear
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT (7 string bad-ass)
Esp Ltd Deluxe MH-1000 FR
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363
If you wanna learn how to play something, first you gotta listen it!

Last.fm
I don't know if they would block muscle development, but they have an effect on me for making my muscles feel more relaxed, allowing me to play longer and faster. It could be a placebo effect, I don't know, but it works for me.
yeah but the important part of the question is whether they block the muscle development if yes it is a huge turn off..

Gear
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363

Last.fm
they to make me a little more comfortable.
maybe i perspire a tiny bit less, but i mostly wear them for comfort.
whatever works to make you better, i guess.
The only time I really wear one is during a really hot show, they're pretty damn nice to wipe your forehead and face instead of trying to use your shirt with your guitar on or finding a rag
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
It's for sweat, nothing more.
My stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Special w/- humbuckers
Gibson Flying V
Ibanez RG550 1992
Epiphone Wildkat
LTD EC50
Marshall AVT150H
Marshall 1960A reissue
Fender Pro185
A wife who thinks I have too much stuff....
I recently did the same thing and bought wristbands but only wear one halfway up my picking arms forearm. Its not for sweat control but because I find it uncomfortable playing my PRS with the guitars body rubbing the skin where a arm contour would normally be.

Of course if im wearing sleeves I dont need the band.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
anybody with knowledge on blockage of muscle development? that is the real concern

Gear
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363

Last.fm
this thread delivers.

to the original question: i have no idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i dont wear one at the moment but to me it seems as though it would stop you arm sticking to the body and allow more easier picking arm movement.
I wear two on my right arm (picking hand) as it allows my arm to move more easily over the body of the guitar. Skin, and especially sweaty skin, just doesn't move as freely. Like another poster, I don't wear them if I have a long sleeved shirt on, but that's rare. If there are any other benefits I haven't noticed. For me it's purely about comfort.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
still no one.. doesnt any medical expert play guitar cmon guys

Gear
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363

Last.fm
Quote by Rangor6363
anybody with knowledge on blockage of muscle development? that is the real concern

Just think about it for one moment: why would it stop the development of muscles? Not that it matters that much anyway, 99% of physical guitar playing is muscle memory and technique anyway, not muscle mass.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If wristbands stopped muscle development, there'd be some pretty damn weak pro athletes out there, huh?

Also, I'm extremely curious as to where you heard that they block muscle development. After typing "wristband muscle development" into Google, this thread is the third result. Also, your muscles would already be developed by the time you started wearing wristbands. I think you mean muscle growth.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Aug 27, 2010,
I often got problems with my wrist (constant pains etc) and I find that the pressure of the wristband relieves ALOT of it.. Reason i wear them constantly, not only while playing:p Makes me look like a poser but whatever XD
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
^The strings hurt Kirk's picking hand during hours of palm mutes, that's why he wears that masking tape wrapped around his hand
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If wristbands stopped muscle development, there'd be some pretty damn weak pro athletes out there, huh?

Also, I'm extremely curious as to where you heard that they block muscle development. After typing "wristband muscle development" into Google, this thread is the third result. Also, your muscles would already be developed by the time you started wearing wristbands. I think you mean muscle growth.

friend of mine told me he had doubts about it any way we are famous now xD

ok, then they are fine.. thanks everyone for responding

Gear
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363

Last.fm