i know the minor pentatonic scale now, and am learning the major scale i was wondering what ur thoughts are on mixing up both scales in one riff??
Guitar.
It might work it might not, it depends how you did it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You shouldn't think of it as "im using minor pent now" or "major scale now"....if you focus on what notes you are playing and how they fit over the chords you'll be better off....but of course you can mix maj/min scales and have it sound good
"ohhh I like it, pianos can't do that." -P. Gilbert

"guilty of enjoying life in the 2[1]st century, are you out of your f***ing mind?" -F. Zappa
many times you will see this lick, which mixes both major and minor keys:

key of A major with minor third

H.O.
e-----------------
b-----------------
g---5-6-------------
d---------7--------
a-----------------
e-----------------

you know that you can play the minor shape in a major key by moving down three frets?
That in itself isn't an example of changing keys or combining scales though, even less so when presented out of context.

At best that's just using a passing tone to get to a scale degree, especially when considering it's a hammer-on.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
do that shit, **** the haters... although it won't sound fitting very often unles you do it right
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
If you want to hear a lot of minor/major mix guitar soloing on the fly... listen to some old Allman bros. / Dickie Betts
Quote by morethanever
i know the minor pentatonic scale now, and am learning the major scale i was wondering what ur thoughts are on mixing up both scales in one riff??

Actually that's an interesting question. You can definitely mix them up. It works best in songs in which you would normally play lead using the major scale. You can then venture into the minor pentatonic (or preferably the blues scale) every now and again to add a different feel to it.

A good song to practice this with is "Knocking on Heaven's Door". Try the Guns n' Roses version. Start a lead in the G major scale (which is what Slash does in this song), then venture out into G minor pentatonic and go back to G major again.

Hope this helps,
Willem
Please visit http://www.theloneguitaristblog.com