So I am looking at picking up a new amp. I have narrowed the choices down to the Jet City JCA20H and the Engl Gig Master 15. Does anyone out there have hands on experience with either? Neither one is available in any of my local music stores so I need some feedback on both.
-----------------------------------
G.A.S. Afflicted
You're choosing between a $300 amp... and an $750 amp!?!?

Never even heard of the Engl, looks interesting.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Price is not the determining factor for me. I am looking for versitility out of a low wattage tube amp. The Jet City is interesting because of the Soldano involvement but all of the info I have them is what I have found on the net.
G.A.S. Afflicted
I LOVE my JCA20, but if you need channel switching, the Engl is the obvious choice, given that it sounds good and all

What kind of tones are you going for? I can't help but think there's something better out there for you if you're willing to spend that much on the Engl.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I have been trying for something close to Slash's AFD tone, but from time to time I do like to get a decent early thrash tone. Decent cleans would be nice but are not a deal breaker. Right now I have the Blackstar HT5 which does a decent job, but I want to see what else is out there.
G.A.S. Afflicted
If you're after an AFD tone and price isn't the determining factor, why not just wait for the Marshall AFD?
The Marshall would be sweet but it is not practicle for apartment bound life. That's why I am looking at low wattage.
G.A.S. Afflicted
Quote by jgritz
The Marshall would be sweet but it is not practicle for apartment bound life. That's why I am looking at low wattage.

Fargen Mini-Plex
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
As long as it has a Master Volume

Besides, the day you find out you're alone in the apartment building you can crank it up and melt your brain with shear win and toanz.

Also, Yeah, mini plex. Maybe a Flexi?
That Fargen is freakin sweet. I need to put a few more dollars aside but it looks awesome. Thanks for the tip Matrix!
G.A.S. Afflicted
If price is no concern, maybe you could contact FJA. They build custom amps, so maybe they could knock you out something small with all the tone you could ever imagine
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.