I've never had a problem with the head and have used it for practicing and a couple of shows. A couple of weeks ago I used it at a show and it worked perfectly fine. After my set I shut it off, put it in the van, and back to our practice spot. Fast forward a few days later and I try to turn the amp on and...nothing. The head won't power on at all. I tried different power cables, different outlets, tried to turn it on while plugged into a cab, while not plugged into a cab. Nada.

What happened, and am I screwed?
I'm having the same problem with my Deltabass head...used it a few days ago and it worked just fine. Moved it into my dormroom at college and it won't work!
Just throwing out some things with the info you gave. Maybe one of the power tubes in shot/broken, or maybe the power switch is shot. It's hard to test the latter, but you can just run through your tubes with ones that you know work. Do power and preamp.

Another thing, I don't know how great it is to turn on your amp without the cab plugged in. I mean, I doubt it'll kill it, but you're powering up an amplifier with no load attached to it and basically creating an open circuit. Something I wouldn't make a habit out of.

I doubt your screwed, Mesa's are tanks and it's usually just soldering in a new part if something does go wrong. Worst comes to worst you'll have to pay a music shop to fix it.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
I think I see the issue...

If it's missing a tube/one is damaged, the amp won't turn on right?

Because I just looked at the tubes and didn't even notice..one of them looks completely sabotaged. No glass around it, it's loose, etc. Gonna post a pic up in a second.
Quote by HavokStrife
Another thing, I don't know how great it is to turn on your amp without the cab plugged in. I mean, I doubt it'll kill it

Actually, it will kill it. You will fry the output transformer.

Quote by Supafly1824
I think I see the issue...

If it's missing a tube/one is damaged, the amp won't turn on right?

Because I just looked at the tubes and didn't even notice..one of them looks completely sabotaged. No glass around it, it's loose, etc. Gonna post a pic up in a second.

No, it should still power on. Now, if it's a power amp tube, it's possible that since it's broken, you blew the fuse on it, which needs to be replaced (as well as the tube), then it should turn on.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You need to buy a new tube and replace it. I'd clean out the loose broken glass, too, if there is any. When my amp came in the mail one of the preamp tubes was shattered. It turned on but no sound, so I basically had to do the same thing. You might have to change the fuse as well.
Alrighty, looks like I'll order a new fuse and tube. Anybody know where I can get both the cheapest online?
Quote by Supafly1824
Alrighty, looks like I'll order a new fuse and tube. Anybody know where I can get both the cheapest online?

You'll have to order a matched set, or buy one from Mesa that is matched to the same tube you already have in there.

If you go for a set, I'd suggest DougsTubes.com, great guy, replies quick to emails and very knowledgable. Fast shipping as well. If you want to go with a single Mesa, you'll have to contact them, obviously, which is ****ing impossible by the way
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 27, 2010,
Before I go out and spend for a new set of tubes and all....should I first get a fuse and test that out first to see if that is indeed the problem?
Quote by Supafly1824
Before I go out and spend for a new set of tubes and all....should I first get a fuse and test that out first to see if that is indeed the problem?

You'll most likely just blow the fuse again. You need to replace the tube either way, the amp will not function without a new one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com