1.) On my schecter omen 6, my high e string gets caught under the bottom edge of my fret wire (about the 20th or so fret). I felt along the edge and there seems to be an edge to it, where either a small piece of fretboard splintered off (doesn't appear to be) or the wire barely sticks past the edge of board. It is a somewhat new occurrence. Is there any simple fix for something like this?

2.) my friend has one of those squire guitar/amp box sets, some nice cables, and a small ($100) Digitech multieffects pedal he is selling for $120. I get that valuewise its a good deal, but i don't have a need for a bunch of junk. Is any of this stuff worth buying/modding?
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
1. you can get frets worked on for about $20 per/ usd.

2. dont buy junk until you complete your dream rig and want to practice modding.

get the good or even better stuff first.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ok cool. I wasn't sure how much it would cost. There is a small guitar shop near me (record heaven) I'll probably take it to, and see what they say.

I have my dream guitar (tele), but I would like a peavey classic 30 someday. Right now i have a mg . I think i might do it simply to help the guy out. he wrecked his truck, and he needs some money to pay to get his frame straightened. If I don't buy it, he's pawning it.
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
i hear you.

just dont collect a closet full of throw away amps and stuff.

good luck with the shop. get an estimate, when they'll be done.

and if you decide to let them do the work, make sure you play the guitar before you leave the shop with it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

1. For the snag, take a closer look. If you notice that its the fret wire and you have a steady hand, I'd suggest getting a fine grade file and filing it down just a bit. Beats paying to have it worked on. If the wood, just buy some wood glue thats the same shade as your neck and follow the instruction on the label.

2. I'd take the Squire so you could rape/Frankenstein it, but lame effects are just that.

I do everything on a budget, and the knowledge you gain from tackling things yourself is invaluable. Cheers.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
^i do everything on my gear, but with specific fret issues such as those, getting an estimate makes perfect sense.

files are expensive and flattening a fret is expensive.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62