Hey everyone.

I've got a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe that I'm looking to put a new speaker in. I have played through my Strat, Tele, and Jaguar, all of which share the same slight characteristic of muddiness. My Tele has EMG's in it, to boot. It just seems that when you start to put some reverb to the distortion that you lose a slight bit of clarity. As said before, this happens with all three of my gitfiddles.

So, I'm pretty sure it's the speaker. I've heard a good many stories of bad stock speakers in Fender Amps. It's only about 6 months old, so I wouldn't think that it's the tubes? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I play a lot of Psychadelic, Surf, Rock and Blues. Which speaker would give me the clairty that I'm looking for, and perhaps the best results for my kind of sound?

Links appreciated.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
It definatley won't hurt to upgrade the speaker. just keep in mind though the Fender Hot Rods aren't exactly known for clarity.

Check out Eminence, Weber, and Celestion for speaker choices.
Quote by mmjohn
Take a look at......www.warehouseguitarspeakers.com
Great speakers great price....

Definitely check out warehouse guitar speakers. I have veteran 30's and like them a lot.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by the1967mustang
Definitely check out warehouse guitar speakers. I have veteran 30's and like them a lot.

I've got the ET-65 and a veteran 30 in my jcm 2000 tsl 602 and love them......I've also had a couple of their green berets and the were fantastic.
Quote by mmjohn
I've got the ET-65 and a veteran 30 in my jcm 2000 tsl 602 and love them......I've also had a couple of their green berets and the were fantastic.

Sweet. How were the green berets compared to the veteran 30's? Which do you like better? I'm going to be getting more sometime in the near future. I wouldn't even consider getting speakers anywhere else than there.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I loved the green beret in my budda.....it a 25w so I didn't have a chance to hear it thru my JCM....the veteren 30 is smoother than the green beret.....I love both. The reaper is supposed to be awesome also..