Right now I just have the Squier Affinity pack and well the guitar is OK the amp just stinks.... bad(15w Fender Frontman).

I'am still new being a few months into playing. I don't gig or have any aspirations of being in a band. Just play for myself, family, and friends. Just need a bedroom practice amp. I would only care to learn classic rock, rock, alternative, maybe some metal(Iron/Metallica)... nothing heavy(death.. what ever you call it). The amp would need to play cleans, reverb, distortion, delay, and wah wah. I can get a pedal if it can't do one or the other.

Budget: Max $200(The less the better, will be getting a LP copy ie; Agile)

I was set on a Peavy Vypyr but I think the 30 might be a little to loud and I'am not sure if the 15 will include all the tones I want. Plus I heard the Vypyr caters to metal.

Any ideas on what I should get?

Also, I know I should just go to a GC and try all the amps but since I'am a beginner I don't even know how to play anything besides chords. Do I need to bring in my own guitar? Cable also?

Thanks
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
raven makes pretty good sounding amps that are pretty cheap. ive recorded and gigged with mine (100 watt version which was 300$ i think) although there arent many onboard effects.. (reverb and delay i believe on the smaller ones) as for trying amps at guitar center just bring a pick they should have cables and such. just find your guitar or a similar one and try urself out sum amps.

EDIT: oh it has great onboard distortion too i play alternative to metal and it works pretty good for everything. nice cleans too
Last edited by SGRocker400 at Aug 26, 2010,
If all you can play is chords, why are you even considering another amp right now? Not that necessary yet...
Get a used ValveKing 112. They go around $250-$300.

Don't get another beginner amp. With the VK, you'll have something that can last you a really long time, and it's good for what you want to play. Over time, instead of wasting money on stuff you don't need, you can mod the VK until it reaches it's max potential.

But even stock, it will be much better than anything else you can get for that much.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Get a used ValveKing 112. They go around $250-$300.

Don't get another beginner amp. With the VK, you'll have something that can last you a really long time, and it's good for what you want to play. Over time, instead of wasting money on stuff you don't need, you can mod the VK until it reaches it's max potential.

But even stock, it will be much better than anything else you can get for that much.

A speaker swap really helps the VK112. But, already a good amp, and good price used.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Budget is $200 max for a bedroom amp.
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+