Do Epiphones go good with Marshal amps? I wanna buy an Epi LP sometime in the future
(still kind of a noob), and if so, what's a good Marshall amp that's relatively affordable?
Quote by italiarlz135
Do Epiphones go good with Marshal amps? I wanna buy an Epi LP sometime in the future
(still kind of a noob), and if so, what's a good Marshall amp that's relatively affordable?

marshall amps are not relatively affordable.
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
Any of the MG series are afforadable, the sounds not for me though but i prefer metal to rock and more traditional stuffs
Quote by (sic)duckmaggot
marshall amps are not relatively affordable.

Hit the nail on the head. You might get lucky on Craigslist, but it ain't easy. Having said that, if you have the cash get a Marshall head. I really loved a JCM 900 a buddy had, thing would scream. He put it on a Ampeg 4x12, so don't be shy about mixing things up. Marshall cabs are good, but pricey.

Also, if you're F-in rich, buy Mesa. I creamed my pants first time I heard heavy distortion on a Roadking Would definitely buy over a Marshall.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Yea you're better off telling us what kinda tones your after (What bands you like to play) and what budget you have.

Good Marshalls start at like $2000 or something like that. Which I bet you don't have if you're considering an Epi.
Quote by italiarlz135

As mentioned, Marshall's higher end products are nice, but probably a bit over priced kinda like Sony. I guess you're looking for the stereotype "rock n roll" sound with a good crunch, pronounced mids, and a huge, rich sound. So what you're looking for (to over generalize) is a humbucker-based guitar, and a mid gain tube amp running something like EL34s. Where you go from there is up to you as there are tons of variants on that basic sound. Budget? In general, spend more on the amp as you can't really change it, but you can always upgrade pickups and hardware on a guitar.
My epiphone sounds great through my Marshall, but my epiphone has some modifications done to it, and so does my amp. But i remember playing a stock DSL 100 and a Epiphone Standard at guitar center and it sounded good.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
man there is a bunch of crap mixed in with a couple good posts here.

i'd flame the MG recommendation, but i cba to bother.

the class 5 is a good practice amp, you'd need an od pedal for dirty tones unless you can crank it up. it's pretty loud.

but if we knew what kind of music you want to play it would be easier to recommend a proper amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by charlescray
No good marshalls are affordable. That is all.

Huh?

FEW good marshalls are affordable.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
If you want a good Marshall for gigging, then you'll have to shell out some money.

But if you want it for practice, definitely check out the Class 5. Here's another good video of one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzZpPc92GKk
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
If you wait and are very patient you can get a JCM8/900 half stack for under 800 bucks.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Gonna push Egnater once again on these forums...you can get a very good Marshall-esque sound out of them if you EQ it right...

I've heard the Rebel 20 being described as a "Mini JCM800".
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
I must agree on Marshall prices but as mentionned, you can get lucky on Craigslist. I know I did!! I picked up a VS100 for $200 (can) and I must admit I love it. I was looking for an amp that was loud enough to practice with a band but easy enough to carry around to different locations, (I got fed up of lugging a head and 4x12), and that wouldn't break the bank! Also, I wanted the same or should I say similar Marshall sound as my JCM800. I would recommend a Valvestate Marshall for your needs... Properly dialed in, you can get great sounds with it!
Quote by diceksox1809
If you wait and are very patient you can get a JCM8/900 half stack for under 800 bucks.

I would love to get a JCM 800 halfstack for under $800, but I usually see JCM 800 heads alone go for about $700-$1200 on ebay, usually the 80's ones. I'll have to keep an eye out for some.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)