I'm sure there is a thread in here somewhere involving these two amps.

I know a lot of you will say tube amp all the way, but that's not what I want. So I just wanna see ppls opinions on these two amps. I'm not sure wich one to get. I am an intermediate guitar player. No I don't plan on doing any serious gigging either. My music is more a hobby then anything. Plus I do want to pick up the pedal for either of these amps.

Just having a hard time deciding which one to get.
Bury me Softly in this Womb
Vypyr, hands down.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Peavey, I own the same amp you're talking about and I just got done practicing with my band. It has a good tone, plenty of built in effects, and I've had it over 2 years and it hasn't let me down yet.
Get a Vypyr tube 60. Best option.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I own a Line 6 III, and it's been good to me thus far. I'd say get a four, but I've never actually used a Peavey.
If a pizza has a radius of "Z" and a height of "A" it has a volume of pi(z)(z)(a)
Quote by Zappanator
Peavey, I own the same amp you're talking about and I just got done practicing with my band. It has a good tone, plenty of built in effects, and I've had it over 2 years and it hasn't let me down yet.

What's your style of music? My style ranges from Alice in Chains to more heavy like FFDP.
Bury me Softly in this Womb
I've played both at different wattages, and the Peavy will give you better quality tone? But you have to worry replacing tubes, letting tubes warm up, whatever. While a Line 6 is less quality tone, but a wider variety of tone in a no-tubes package.

If you're a 1st or 2nd year guitarist, you wont hear the difference in quality anyway so, I'd go with the Line 6
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Quote by NickGiovanni
I've played both at different wattages, and the Peavy will give you better quality tone? But you have to worry replacing tubes, letting tubes warm up, whatever. While a Line 6 is less quality tone, but a wider variety of tone in a no-tubes package.

If you're a 1st or 2nd year guitarist, you wont hear the difference in quality anyway so, I'd go with the Line 6

They're both solid state modeling amps?

Vypyr. 75% percent of the people that get a Spider regret not getting something better, like the Peavey.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I play a variety, a lot of clean stuff, Classic Rock such as Zeppelin, Cream, etc. and Progressive Metal. Pretty much everything, and I can always find a tone that works.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
My vote would go to the Vypyr as well.

And seriosly, a Vypyr 60 is a great option, and you don't really need to worry about the tubes hardly at all, and they will make a difference. God forbid you let the tubes warm up for 60 seconds.
I've never yet found a Line 6 modeller I actually like as they all just sound far too digital and artificial. The Spider Valve was better but still far from ideal. The Vypyrs may not have the tone of a full valve amp but I was certainly impressed by what they could do. I'd agree that the Vypyr 60 hybrid amp would be a great choice instead of the 75w version unless you can't stretch that far but the 75w is still very good. To be honest though, if you're not really gigging, you might as well just get the Vypyr 30w and save some money as even that's bloody loud.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Vypyr is probably better. i have heard stuff like the line 6 effects sound really digital.