I've thought about building my own 2x12 cabinet for awhile, but with college coming up really soon I won't have the time to pursue this... so instead I want to find an empty cab online somewhere. I'm wanting a White/Sand tolex covered amp with black speaker cloth and black hardware.

The company I was going to order from was AB Custom Audio but apparently they're no longer around... Can someone suggest another company that doesn't charge a ridiculous amount for an empty cab? I know of the big ones (Avatar, Lopo, Vader, etc) but I want something cheaper than Avatar if possible
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Aug 26, 2010,
I'm not sure who you can buy from, but I thought I would tell you that it took me about a day and half to be practically done with my 4x12 cab, build from scratch. All I had to do was wait for the grill cloth to come in. I worked on it the majority of the day, but it doesn't take long, and a lot cheaper.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
^ this.

I'm on craigslist a lot and see empty or partially-filled cabs everywhere (to the point where I actually get angry, just because I see a nice Avatar or something only to realize it's empty).
------

Shwiggity.
Is there anyone on UG that builds cabinets for customers? Ebay is flooded with SA branded cabs that have a recessed handle in the middle of the top, kinda awkward to me..
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Aug 27, 2010,
turn it on it's side?

I don't know if there's a custom UG cab maker, but go have a look at your local pawn shops, etc. and you could have some luck?
------

Shwiggity.