Hey Guys, I'm playing alot of avenged sevenfold style ish, and I have a Peavey Vypyr 75 and I hate it. The sound is lame. I wanna change to a better amp, anyone has a great idea?? I need a really heavy sound... or just if u have any effects I could have to make it heavier without making it digital (Boss ML-2 Metal Core, I already have) Thanks a lot!!!
hum yea... not a good budget... but I really want to get a Good tone... I don't know if u listened to the song critical acclaim?? I want a heavy tone just like that...I can't make it with my Vypyr... anyways hum. Budget, under 1000$ canadian?
Wow, I was deciding about the Vypyr. I thought you got great heavy metal tones from that amp?
Bury me Softly in this Womb
If the sound is that bad, its probably your fault, not your amps. I can get a half decent metal tone on a Fender Starcaster and the accompanying 10 watt practice amp (bought together at Sam's Club for like $150). Good gear is no substitute for a bad player. I'm not saying you shouldn't get a better amp, obviously you can get a better sound out of a better amp, but the Vypyr is a decent amp, and you should be able to get a good sound out of it. If you have a bunch of pedals and stuff, stop using them for a while, and never, ever max out the gain on an amp, it will never sound good. I bet you this will help out your tone boatloads. While your figuring out how to play well, and work with your amp, not against it, you can go ahead an get yourself a tube amp. You can get a 100W Valveking halfstack for like $900. But shop around.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

well, I'm not an expert in amps... but I tried it, and it just doesn't fit my needs allright?? I'm rythm guitarist from a band who plays, Breaking Benjamin, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot and Bullet For My Valentine. I need something that has a really heavy tone. I mean, modeling amp isn't what I needed, but I tried it atleast and yeah now I need something better... anyone??
srry man... already tried it... haha... I wanna go for a stack, my first stack amp... but I want a heavy one, there's so many I don't know what to choose haha XD
Quote by jamesroot666
well, I'm not an expert in amps... but I tried it, and it just doesn't fit my needs allright?? I'm rythm guitarist from a band who plays, Breaking Benjamin, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot and Bullet For My Valentine. I need something that has a really heavy tone. I mean, modeling amp isn't what I needed, but I tried it atleast and yeah now I need something better... anyone??

IDK...I heard the Vypyr on youtube and it sounded pretty heavy. Right now I use a crate 15w with an Epiphone SG-400 and I can emulate Sevenfold, Killswitch, AIC, FFDP just fine. Yeah it's not loud, but when I palm mute and play nice heavy rythms, it sounds great.

I'm a rythm guitarist as well.
Bury me Softly in this Womb
Quote by Dio10101
Avenged Sevenfold use marshall tube amps and some Line 6 effects I think. Budget?

no.

Bogner Uberschalls = both. Zack uses Mesa Triple Recs live also.
well I'm now looking for Peavey 6505 for now... never tried it but.. anyways, good feedback on that?? and which cab should I use for this music?