I have a Boss DS-1 and a DOSD Death Metal distortion. I was wondering, what you guys would suggest, for a distrtion pedal with alot of good tone, but also can play things from Led Zepplin to more heavy stuff. Id like to stick to Boss, but if somthing cheaper and better is out there, please do suggest anything. Thanks got the help.
Current Gear:
Fender Squire Strat
DOD Death Medal Distortion pedal
ESP LTD H-300 *YEA SON*
Fender Squire amp *BOO*
I'd go with the Boss Metal Core, I think ME-2 it is, it has a wayyy better tone than the Metal Zone, and you can adjust the distortion on it to play just about anything. Check it out for yourself first though, if you like it, then get it!
Main Axes
Jackson DK2 soloist series eerie dess swirl
Schecter C-7 Hellraiser modded with gain booster
Amps
Peavy Valveking VK100
Jackson Cab
Quote by codyzimmerman
I'd go with the Boss Metal Core, I think ME-2 it is, it has a wayyy better tone than the Metal Zone, and you can adjust the distortion on it to play just about anything. Check it out for yourself first though, if you like it, then get it!

oh its good, dont get me wrong. i love it. but im not sure how great it would work for Zep
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
Quote by gquady09
Get a Boss Blues Driver and chain it to the DS-1.

Whats the Boss Blues Driver do? Sorry im not the greatest with all this shit.
Current Gear:
Fender Squire Strat
DOD Death Medal Distortion pedal
ESP LTD H-300 *YEA SON*
Fender Squire amp *BOO*
Quote by donisthatcool
I have a Boss DS-1 and a DOSD Death Metal distortion. I was wondering, what you guys would suggest, for a distrtion pedal with alot of good tone, but also can play things from Led Zepplin to more heavy stuff. Id like to stick to Boss, but if somthing cheaper and better is out there, please do suggest anything. Thanks got the help.

The MI Audio Crunch Box is a very sweet, very crunchy and versatile pedal.

And unfortunately the DS-1 is not very versatile; I'd suggest either modding it or hocking it. Unless you like the tone it gives you, in which case, keep it and enjoy.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tech-21-SansAmp-Para-Driver-DI-Instrument-Preamp-Pedal?sku=151799

can be used as a pre-amp or distortion box. pricey, but OH MY GOD is it amazing. the EQ section is a little confusing though. treble and bass or self explanatory, but there is a knob for the mids LEVEL and a separate knob for WHERE in the mid range you are adjusting. this thing is a tone MONSTER and its versatility is unmatched. it just requires a little patience to find the right tone for you, but when you do, its unbelievable. i would suggest setting all the dials at "noon" or pointing straight up, then tweaking it from there. the owners manual has some very useable presets also.
Quote by donisthatcool
Whats the Boss Blues Driver do? Sorry im not the greatest with all this shit.

It's an overdrive, but a lot of people don't like its unmodded tone. Modded, however, a lot of people like it.