Hey guys... these look pretty similar... can someone tell me the difference? I'm not too sure myself.

Is there any big reason not to get one of these? (I'm trying to upgrade from a Spider 3... and anything seems better than it, except for a marshall MG.

I don't swear by pedals or anything, but is this amp any good? I might not be able to try it at the store, it's hard to find.
Quote from TGM "We're all musicians, we should protect our ears like we protect our dicks."
Vetta is generally better, or so I hear. I own a Flextone II, and it kicks ass for the price, but I'm not a huge fan of the three. The Vetta's sound alright. Whats your budget and sound you're going for, cuz there could be better amps for the budget.
I wouldn't get either one, because they are Line 6. If you want to be that one guitarist guy on youtube, go ahead and go for digital. Even they don't use Line 6 amps though, just the POD, because Line 6 amps are just over-sized effects pedals with speakers. You should go for a tube amp, like the Peavey Valveking, it will give you much more feeling than any digital amp ever could.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Dio10101
Vetta is generally better, or so I hear. I own a Flextone II, and it kicks ass for the price, but I'm not a huge fan of the three. The Vetta's sound alright. Whats your budget and sound you're going for, cuz there could be better amps for the budget.

I'm... actually not sure what I'm going for haha. My budget... right now is just my imagination. Yeah... but to be realistic... I'm guessing 500-1000$ mark. I've always wanted a Triple or Double Rect... but right now I don't need anything nearly that loud because my ears might be going with it too.

I've also been looking at the Jet City amps... possibly the 20watt or 50watt + 12" or 2x12".

I've also looked at the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

I'd say... a bit of everything is what I'm going for, but leaning towards some cleans for jazz and some high gain for metal (awesome harmonics and all that jazz).

:S got anything you can recommend?
Quote from TGM "We're all musicians, we should protect our ears like we protect our dicks."
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
I wouldn't get either one, because they are Line 6. If you want to be that one guitarist guy on youtube, go ahead and go for digital. Even they don't use Line 6 amps though, just the POD, because Line 6 amps are just over-sized effects pedals with speakers. You should go for a tube amp, like the Peavey Valveking, it will give you much more feeling than any digital amp ever could.

Yep... I had a POD before... but it didn't do well with my Spider 3 haha. I really need an amp to use it. I'd rather use a GT-8 or GT-10 though. Not sure about that Peavey Valveking... but maybe. Thanks ;P... I'm not a big fan of line 6 amps either, but just flextone and vetta seemed pretty neat.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar

If you take a Valveking over a Vetta (not considering price) you're insane.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar

The Vetta and Flextone are both superior sounding to the Valveking. I'm dumber for having read this.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by drewfromutah
If you take a Valveking over a Vetta (not considering price) you're insane.

This.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar

Considering the context, you're just an idiot, right?

Quote by NecroticSoldier
I'm not a big fan of line 6 amps either, but just flextone and vetta seemed pretty neat.

you should be able to find a flextone or vetta near you within your budget. They are very good amps and cover a wide range of tones. both have decent floor controls. try them but expect good things. if they don't live up to that, keep looking. i've seen flextones for dirt cheap prices used. good luck.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar

Bullshit. I'd take a Vetta any day over the crappy Valve King.

Go try an Axe-FX and then tell me digital amps have 'no feeling'.
A very simplified comparison of the two:

Flextone is plug and play.
Vetta is a tweaker.

The Flextone is based off Pod 2.0 amp/cab/effects.
Vetta is based off PodXT amp/cab/effects, with much more editing, routing, and I/O options.

Both are great amps. I used a Vetta II a couple years ago. I wouldn't buy another, but that has nothing to do with tone. There are a lot of great tones to be had with a Vetta. It's just that the all-in-one digital rig wasn't for me.

Quote by Ravenfaust
DUDE. BOTH the Meshuggah guys use Vettas!

Used to. They've moved onto the Axe.
The Vetta has a lot more features than the Flextone including way more amp and effect models, the ability to run two amps at once, insane routing options for your signal path, more advanced control interface, and that's just naming a few.

You can also pick up Armin Heinrich's "Vetta Toolkit" for the Vetta which is a custom firmware upgrade that vastly improves the tone you can get out of the amp.

BTW, you can pick up a Vetta 1 and upgrade it for free to the 2.5 firmware and you essentially have a Vetta 2 without the standard VDI connection in the back (it's optional on the 1). Vetta 1's can be had CHEAP.

Either way you go, I recommend getting the toolkit and replacing the stock Celestions with something better and you really do have a (potentially) great sounding rig. I build tube amps. I also own a Vetta 2. It's a great amp. Haters either haven't ever played one or if they did, were not willing to take the time to tweak the tone out of one. That's the downside of the amp. You do have to tweak it pretty good to find the sweet tones. This can be time consuming and at times frustrating.

Good luck with whatever you decide on!
Quote by gregs1020
you should be able to find a flextone or vetta near you within your budget. They are very good amps and cover a wide range of tones. both have decent floor controls. try them but expect good things. if they don't live up to that, keep looking. i've seen flextones for dirt cheap prices used. good luck.

Hehe, thanks, I'll see if there are some on sale.

Quote by CECamps
The Vetta has a lot more features than the Flextone including way more amp and effect models, the ability to run two amps at once, insane routing options for your signal path, more advanced control interface, and that's just naming a few.

You can also pick up Armin Heinrich's "Vetta Toolkit" for the Vetta which is a custom firmware upgrade that vastly improves the tone you can get out of the amp.

BTW, you can pick up a Vetta 1 and upgrade it for free to the 2.5 firmware and you essentially have a Vetta 2 without the standard VDI connection in the back (it's optional on the 1). Vetta 1's can be had CHEAP.

Either way you go, I recommend getting the toolkit and replacing the stock Celestions with something better and you really do have a (potentially) great sounding rig. I build tube amps. I also own a Vetta 2. It's a great amp. Haters either haven't ever played one or if they did, were not willing to take the time to tweak the tone out of one. That's the downside of the amp. You do have to tweak it pretty good to find the sweet tones. This can be time consuming and at times frustrating.

Good luck with whatever you decide on!

Wow, that's pretty neat dude!... I can't quite afford a Vetta 2 right now... so I might settle for the 1 with the firmware. I never knew that.

Thanks dudes! Maybe I'll get one.

EDIT: so far... I see a few flextones for sale... there's one a 1x12" Flextone 3 for $330 (is that worth it? and would I rather get the 2x12" version?

Also... not very many Vettas for sale... No Vetta 1s but there is a Vetta 2 2x12" going for 1000$

Should I settle for the Flextone 3? or should I save up for the 2x12" version? or should I get a Vetta 2?
Last edited by NecroticSoldier at Aug 27, 2010,
Vettas are great amps, I've had two and loved both of them.

However, after trying a Vypyr 60 combo, I was sad, cause IMO, it sounded better... but the Vetta still had A LOT more models and effects.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by NecroticSoldier
Hehe, thanks, I'll see if there are some on sale.

If you lived near Columbus Ohio, your problem would be solved.

I do/did like my Flextone III XL with FBV Shortboard, but now that I have my Dr Z, I just don't play it any more.

I think they do shine on clean tones, and do get way loud!

I also think my Flextone III sounded better running with a BlueTube preamp, a DOD SR430Q EQ, and a BBB 482i Sonic Maximizer in my FX loop.

I also fed everything clean power from a Furman AR-1215.

I always felt like my Flextone III's cab was built like a tank.
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at Aug 27, 2010,
Quote by MatrixClaw

However, after trying a Vypyr 60 combo, I was sad, cause IMO, it sounded better... but the Vetta still had A LOT more models and effects.

It sounds like what you need is a Vetta Valve.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by Danjo's Guitar

Yea - Don't use any Marshall amp either because of the MG seriers. /stupid
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”
Quote by BurstBucker Pro
If you lived near Columbus Ohio, your problem would be solved.

I do/did like my Flextone III XL with FBV Shortboard, but now that I have my Dr Z, I just don't play it any more.

I think they do shine on clean tones, and do get way loud!

I also think my Flextone III sounded better running with a BlueTube preamp, a DOD SR430Q EQ, and a BBB 482i Sonic Maximizer in my FX loop.

I also fed everything clean power from a Furman AR-1215.

I always felt like my Flextone III's cab was built like a tank.

Hmm... I might settle for a 1x12" Flextone II then upgrade to a Vetta 2 in the future...
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Just to reiterate what's already been said in this thread, you have no earthly idea what you're talking about. I don't think I can stress this any further. There's really a lot of unwarranted Line 6 hate on these boards. Spiders, understandable, but Line 6 makes some good stuff.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Last edited by Ferrets! at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by STABxYOU
It sounds like what you need is a Vetta Valve.

Line 6 should absolutely make one. It's a wonder they haven't done so yet.

I can't wait for the second iteration of the Vypyrs, either. The competition Line 6 now has in the form of the Vypyrs and Valvetronix amps is wonderful.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Line 6 should absolutely make one. It's a wonder they haven't done so yet.

At least it's not too expensive to buy 2x Spider Valve combos and a POD X3 Live. Run the left send into one, the right into the other.

I agree though, if Line 6 were smart, they'd offer essentially just that only minus the work and the Spider preamps.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
If your budget is 500-1000 just buy a 5150 combo or head + a 2x12 mesa cab and never worry about digital or tube plus if you ever go to record you'll have pretty much the peefect amp for blues - metal- hardcore the amount of good recordings with this amp are numerous i know probly 1000+ albums that have this amp on it.

Don't know why anyone hasn't mention this amp
seriously should have been like the first comment Blind leading the blind?
Last edited by Grog_ZE_Impaler at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by NecroticSoldier
Also... not very many Vettas for sale... No Vetta 1s but there is a Vetta 2 2x12" going for 1000$

There's a Vetta HD head on GC's used site for $500, a Vetta I combo with the FBV long board for $750, one without the floorboard for $350 and a Vetta II combo for $600.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
There's a Vetta HD head on GC's used site for $500, a Vetta I combo with the FBV long board for $750, one without the floorboard for $350 and a Vetta II combo for $600.

Oh... last time I checked they didn't ship to Canada. Now on the site it says they ship to Canada... I should take a look! Thanks!

Quote by Grog_ZE_Impaler
If your budget is 500-1000 just buy a 5150 combo or head + a 2x12 mesa cab and never worry about digital or tube plus if you ever go to record you'll have pretty much the peefect amp for blues - metal- hardcore the amount of good recordings with this amp are numerous i know probly 1000+ albums that have this amp on it.

Don't know why anyone hasn't mention this amp
seriously should have been like the first comment Blind leading the blind?

Hehe, originally... I was trying to decide between the 5150 and a mesa dual rect. Then a 1x12" or a 2x12".

But I think it may be too loud for me ;(. I won't be gigging just yet... or anything. They both sound amazing though!
Quote by Danjo's Guitar

Judging by your post and your signature, i'm gonna go ahead and say you're an opinionated douchebag who thinks his opinion is true.

Now for the real part of my post.

Both of these amps sound great, it's not the same feel as a tube amp, but that's pretty self explainatory.
The vetta has higher quality and more models, Dual tone processing and more effects.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by NecroticSoldier
Oh... last time I checked they didn't ship to Canada. Now on the site it says they ship to Canada... I should take a look! Thanks!

Hehe, originally... I was trying to decide between the 5150 and a mesa dual rect. Then a 1x12" or a 2x12".

But I think it may be too loud for me ;(. I won't be gigging just yet... or anything. They both sound amazing though!

the line 6 wont make a diffrence then it's just as loud so you might as well get something tube that going to sound great once for recording and gigging and once you get to that point you dont need to worry
Quote by Grog_ZE_Impaler
the line 6 wont make a diffrence then it's just as loud so you might as well get something tube that going to sound great once for recording and gigging and once you get to that point you dont need to worry

The Line 6 is solid state, so it will sound the same at any volume, so yes - it does make a little difference.

Not saying the 5150 will sound bad, just that the Line 6 has a more consistant tone If I was going to choose over a 5150 combo and the Vetta combo, I'd go Vetta. 5150 head and 2x12 cab vs Vetta combo, I'd go with the 5150.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The Line 6 is solid state, so it will sound the same at any volume, so yes - it does make a little difference.

Not saying the 5150 will sound bad, just that the Line 6 has a more consistant tone If I was going to choose over a 5150 combo and the Vetta combo, I'd go Vetta. 5150 head and 2x12 cab vs Vetta combo, I'd go with the 5150.

+ 1 (how can you ever give a minus one to this guy?)

BTW first qoute in your sig....I'm LMFAOing so hard
Quote by MatrixClaw

^ This

...and wow there is serious fail in this thread.