Hello, I have some Questions about Electric Guitar

I'm planning to buy it later

-Whats the Difference Between Electric Guitar and Bass Guitar? I dont wanna use it in a band its for home or normal use, what sounds better or can be used in all kind of songs? i dont wanna use it in a specific kind

Also does the Electric guitar sounds like the acoustic/classical guitar when its not plugged in a speaker/amplifier?
I wanna buy a classical guitar for learning how to play guitar before i buy the electric guitar, but i've read that the Acoustic guitar sounds better, so if i bought a classical guitar now and another electric 1 later its like i would have classical and acoustic guitar, i know that it sounds all rocky and strong when its plugged in the speakers/amplifier, but if its unplugged does it sound like a normal classic/acoustic guitar?

Does the bass guitar sounds like a classical/Acoustic guitar when its not plugged into a speaker/amplifier?

Thanks
both electric guitars and bass guitars do not sound good at all unplugged. however with an amp (providing its not complete shit) you can get good clean and acoustic tones
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
Do yourself a favor and listen to some music. I don't mean play it in the car but actually sit down and listen for what going on, then look up some videos of people doing guitar or bass covers of those songs you listened to.
Quote by (sic)duckmaggot
both electric guitars and bass guitars do not sound good at all unplugged. however with an amp (providing its not complete shit) you can get good clean and acoustic tones

so i dont need to buy an acoustic guitar? am 100% buying a bass or electric guitar in the future, and if they can produce the same sound like the acoustic then i dont need to buy the acoustic
I actually dont know what kind of song am gonna play on it
Porbably ill use it to play pop/rock songs and maybe other types
Thanks for replying that fast xd
The difference between electric and bass guitars is quite big. Electric guitar is an electric version of an acoustic guitar, and bass guitar is an electric version of those big double bass instruments. Most bands typically use both. They can both be used for all types of songs.

When unplugged they dont sound like much, but as already stated with a good amp the guitar can have a great clean tone.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Acoustic and electric guitars sound totally different. This is due to several different factors. Again, as someone else has recommended, do some objective listening. Find some music you like and listen to it. Then find someone playing that same song on YouTube with acoustic and electric guitars. This will give you an idea of how different the two are.
Quote by (sic)duckmaggot
oh and guitarists get way more pussy than bassists

Bassists get more money, which leads to more pussies
Quote by (sic)duckmaggot
oh and guitarists get way more pussy than bassists

Complete lie.

There are considerably fewer bassists making them more desired by women and by bands.
Quote by enselmis
Complete lie.

There are considerably fewer bassists making them more desired by women and by bands.

Since when does the average woman know what a bass is? As far as she's concerned, you're "one of the guitar players."
Quote by Louis0stevens
Hello, I have some Questions about Electric Guitar

I'm planning to buy it later

-Whats the Difference Between Electric Guitar and Bass Guitar? I dont wanna use it in a band its for home or normal use, what sounds better or can be used in all kind of songs? i dont wanna use it in a specific kind

Also does the Electric guitar sounds like the acoustic/classical guitar when its not plugged in a speaker/amplifier?
I wanna buy a classical guitar for learning how to play guitar before i buy the electric guitar, but i've read that the Acoustic guitar sounds better, so if i bought a classical guitar now and another electric 1 later its like i would have classical and acoustic guitar, i know that it sounds all rocky and strong when its plugged in the speakers/amplifier, but if its unplugged does it sound like a normal classic/acoustic guitar?

Does the bass guitar sounds like a classical/Acoustic guitar when its not plugged into a speaker/amplifier?

Thanks

I need a break from studying, so I'll take the time to answer this.

1) Difference between electric guitar and bass guitar
2) Electric guitar unplugged vs acoustic and classical guitar
3) Acoustic guitar vs classical guitar sound

1) Difference between electric guitar and bass guitar
Example of electric guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLxmc907yYM (Last Chance by Vinnie Moore)
Example of bass guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSSxSmm9tFM (Seinfeld theme)

2) Electric guitar unplugged vs acoustic and classical guitar
Unplugged, the electric guitar, in my opinion, has a somewhat similar sound to an acoustic guitar. Though when it's unplugged, the electric guitar is very soft, so if you have an electric guitar you might as well just plug it into an amplifier. There are effect pedals out there which attempt to simulate the sound of an acoustic, but I don't know if I'm misinterpreting the description wrongly. If I'm not, I have no idea how well the pedal works.

3) Acoustic guitar vs classical guitar sound

The acoustic guitar has a much brighter sound as compared to the classical guitar, which sounds mellow because of the strings being nylon.

On another note, the classical guitar's neck is wider, which means that the gap between strings is larger. This results in it being easier to play using your fingers. You could do that on an acoustic too, but I've never been able to eliminate the very sharp buzzing when your finger nails touch a vibrating string.

Why do I have a feeling I'm going to get flamed for saying something wrong? *rubs chin*
Last edited by triface at Aug 27, 2010,
Thanks for all these replies,Specially thanks for Triface for the useful post
I think am getting an acoustic now instead of classic, then i'll probably get electric instead of bass later when i become a professional :p
Peace!