wasnt there just a thread on one of these? someone posted a new speaker day when he got one for it lol. seems pretty cool for what its intended, id just feel wierd using one lol
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
it can't shrink your junk, so don't worry.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
lol not what i meant but whatever haha
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
hmm looks interesting. any clips somewhere?

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4boaF41cdZE

this thing seems pretty sweet
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Aug 26, 2010,
Quote by Linqua5150
wasnt there just a thread on one of these? someone posted a new speaker day when he got one for it lol. seems pretty cool for what its intended, id just feel wierd using one lol

oh wow. I thought I was having an acid flashback

wasnt' the thread called New Shit Day? Did he get a new speaker? I am very confused.

Does seem like a cool toy tho
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
oh wow. I thought I was having an acid flashback

wasnt' the thread called New Shit Day? Did he get a new speaker? I am very confused.

Does seem like a cool toy tho

yea he got it for this, uh, thing. and i was like wtf is that shit? lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
he called it a speaker. i don't think he knew it was an amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Hey I know this is mega old, but I just got a Jamvox from MF SDOTD for $70 a couple weeks ago. I was so stoked with it I wanted another for work. But no cheap ones left. Bid on eBay and just won another this morning for $49 shipped.

It's the software that's so cool. I posted this in another thread, but I think Vox should reissue the software to work with a cheap usb audio interface. It's a lot like Pod Farm. I can't say that it sounds better or worse, but what I like about the JamVox is it's a complete integrated environment.

It keeps track of presets, music files, records, pitch shifts, tempo change down to 50% (w/ good quality), loop sections of music, and cut vocals or guitar. I can't comment on the quality of guitar or vocal elimination as I haven't used it yet. I think a lot depends on how the sounds are panned in the stereo recording. While it may be good as a amp/FX sim and audio input, I like it for a practice tool.

The layout and selection of amp/pedals/fx is good and you can sample tones in the selection screen without commiting to putting in your chain. Ease of use seems as good as Pod Farm. I haven't spent enough time with it to say how the quality of tone compares to using my amp and pedals. It's distinctly different in that the tones seem more compressed.

I know people like dynamics in their picking, but the compression covers up crappy playing. If you're not a great guitarist you might find that some of your playing sounds better compressed. So it not necessarily bad, but different. And a compressed tone is great if you want to play hard and a bit loud but not disturb the rest ofthe house or the neighbors, if you live in an apartment.
I got mine from Guitar Center for $75 about 2 weeks ago - it's also a really nice USB Interface too I found out.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
well to start jamvox is a audio interface for computer base recording ,plus it has many cool things eg=you have a pickup simulator from single coil to humbucker . to half tone. to phase out. witch i handy i you only have a guitar with humbuckers on it ,also it has a built in mixer witch lets you here adjust the volume of the guitar ,mic,and music player .it has effect routing to arrange you effects location befor or after the amp ,and it has over 20 amps that you can use ,and over 20 speakers you can use all interchangeable ,plus it has many effects and stomp boxes to use ,noise gates ,compression,delay ,reverb,modulation ,chorus,this all helps to get the sound you require ,it also has GXT guitar xtraction function ,were you can upload any mp3 and remove parts from the song,eg you have a song you would like to play, load it into jamvox ,say you can play the left channel ,you can remove it from the song ,play your own part and record it ,save it ,then play back as if your in the band with you playing the guitar part that you removed from the song,you can remove singing, left and right channels,center channels,isolate parts and loop them,for solo parts you need to learn,speed them up or slow them down,if you find it hard to play at full tempo,plus you have pitch correction ,this allows you to tune the song to your guitar ,rather than tuning you guitar to the song ,this is good if you have locking trem,you also have auto change ,this is so you can turn off effects ,and turn them on in the song ,eg=the song is clean guitar up untill 1.24,then from 1,24 the guitar sound is distorted, you have up to 20 auto switches that you can load into your song,jamvox has beats that can be looped to make your own songs/backing tracks witch can have endless parts to the song ,so you can create songs to solo over ,or sing on because jamvox also has xlr inputs for a mic,
Quote by TheQuailman
Is that some XLR-out there? Interested.
There is an xlr input for a mic (AFAIK no phantom power), and there are 1/4" stereo outputs.

Quote by ibanezgod1973
well done on bumping a 5 month old dead thread
Well done on stating the obvious
Last edited by fly135 at Jan 29, 2011,