I was just wondering, just how many different tones can you get out of thing? My influences range all the way from Jeff Buckley (extremely clean, dripping reverb) to Matt Bellamy (fuzz and other crazy effects), so I need a really versatile guitar.

Also, if I've only owned acoustics up until this point, will it be hard at first to adjust to the skinny nut width of an electric? As it is, the last joint on my ring finger is so long I can't barre an A chord without capoing at the third fret or higher on an acoustic with a 1.75" nut width (though of course I still play the chord, just with my pinky, ring, and middle instead of barring). So would this hinder me even more on an electric, or is the difference negligible? Worst comes to worst, I'll just have to save up forever so I can custom order a G&L with a 1.75" nut width - but I'd rather not be so limited.

P.S. - To anyone thinking it's crazy to go for something this expensive as a first electric, I'm looking for a be-all-end-all electric. In other words, this will be the first and the last. Acoustic is my focus, but I'd love to have an electric so I can experiment with different things as well as play in a band (as more than just the drowned-out strummer).
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
It's a great guitar, very versatile and playable. You'll likely adjust to the neck thing fairly easily, alot of people complain about that and it seems to all work out for them.

I say go for it. Really, it is a great guitar, and it's perfect for what you want.

You could buy a very cheap electric and play it for a while and see how it goes before buying the Axis (playing bad guitars is no fun, though )
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Aug 27, 2010,
The Axis is an incredible instrument. Hell, anything by Musicman is fantastic. I've been drooling over an Axis Super Sport at the local shop for months. They sound great clean, great heavy and play better than almost anything else I've tried. No doubt you'll be happy with one.
From what I've seen and heard, there is pretty much nothing you cannot play on an Axis. I wouldn't buy one myself as I don't like the shape, but it's still quite a guitar.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
I own a axis supersport, and it's by far the most versatile guitar i ever played (except for the PRS 513, which is 3 times the price of an axis). Go for the supersport thought. The 5 way switch with coil taps make the guitar so much more versatile.
There is indeed nothing you cant play on it.
You should be able to find an axis SS second hand for about 800$
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
it's a very nice guitar. but remember that it has a floyd rose tremolo. If u change tunings a lot or dont use the floyd at all, dont get a guitar with it. it's not worth the hassle. Just get a guitar with a vintage trem or with no trem.

check those out
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Music-Man-Axis-SuperSport-HH-Electric-Guitar?sku=515554
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Music-Man-Silhouette-NonTremolo-Electric-Guitar?sku=515550&rec=product_sim_A

if u have the money, deflinately consider the prs custom 24. It's cost like $2500-3000 i think.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
it's a very nice guitar. but remember that it has a floyd rose tremolo. If u change tunings a lot or dont use the floyd at all, dont get a guitar with it. it's not worth the hassle. Just get a guitar with a vintage trem or with no trem.

check those out
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Music-Man-Axis-SuperSport-HH-Electric-Guitar?sku=515554
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Music-Man-Silhouette-NonTremolo-Electric-Guitar?sku=515550&rec=product_sim_A

if u have the money, deflinately consider the prs custom 24. It's cost like $2500-3000 i think.

The Axis supersport has a non floating
vintage trem. Not a floyd.
And a PRS custom 24 is 2-3 times the price of an Axis, and imo, not as versatile (still a very versatile guitar though, but not as much as the Axis SS).
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
The Axis supersport has a non floating
vintage trem. Not a floyd.
And a PRS custom 24 is 2-3 times the price of an Axis, and imo, not as versatile (still a very versatile guitar though, but not as much as the Axis SS).

i was talking about the regular Axis, not the supersport
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
He wants a versatile guitar, so why would he go for the regular axis?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl