Is it possible to break one by diving as far as I can go? Is there a limit? What if I pressed down really hard?

If the answer is obvious, I'm asking because I DONT want to find out by trial and error. Thanks

Forgive me nubiness

EDIT: Because im ****ing retarded... any mod htat wants to move this to the electric guitar forum would be hailed as a God
: )
Last edited by Cjk10000 at Aug 27, 2010,
ive gone all the way down as to have the actually bar touch the guitar body and ive had no problem cept the occasional broken string
Well anything is breakable, albeit floyds are tuff. I could see u breakin the actual bar, ive done this twice, but unless the springs snap i dont think id be too worried. Still, dont abuse just to abuse. Everything has a limit
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I've went pretty much all the way down on my ZR bridge and nothing happened, except my low E attached itself the the middle pickup, but it will do that sometimes even if I don't go all the way down. So much magnetic pull on that middle pickup.
Nope.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.