Hey guys, I can't seem to make up my mind on what to do here. I'm trying to sell my Peavey 5150 combo and also trying to sell my Peavey 4x12 as my 5150 doesnt /quite/ suite my needs anymore.

I'm the Worship Leader at my church but I also play a lot of Death Metal/Deathcore, so I need a setup that's going to benefit me in both areas. Here are my options: (all of these are in a 2x12 cab with a V30 and Reaper 50)

Buy a used TSL60 head/footswitch for $600 at GC

Buy a new/used ENGL E530 preamp and buy a poweramp (not sure which one)

Buy a Jet City JCA20 head and use that through the 2x12 for church and THEN plug an ENGL E530 in the Return to slave the JCA as a poweramp and use that setup for Metal.

Or buy some fairly lower-wattage head to slave as a poweramp for an E530.

And I'm sure there's a plethora of other options out there.

I have 6 pedals, a rack noisegate and a BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i, so for boosting and effects I'm covered.

Can someone help me out with these decisions?
My budget is probably $1000 after I sell the 5150 and/or 4x12
Thanks
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
The JCA20 doesn't have an effects return, bro.

What about the JCA50? It can do metal on its own as well as your worship stuff.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I was just googling asking about the JCA20, seeing if it had an effects loop.

Do you think the JCA50 would be better to get than the TSL60 though? I haven't done any research on the 50 so I don't know all the differences and features that seperate it from the 20.

You can order one direct from Jet City with an effect loop mod. ActuallyI just looked and F*** that, they are way overpriced and you can only get it with the brown eye mod. You'd be better off getting the 50 watt head.

If anything, I would say get a head first, and then even if you have to save up a little more to get the ENGL poweramp, you can use the head in the meantime.

EDIT: The 20 is based off Soldano Astroverb I think, and the 50/100 are based off the Hot Rods. The 50/100 are two channel and have an effect loop, that's basically the only differences. They're releasing the JCA100HDM in a couple months which is a 100 with a depth switch and LEDs, and switchable between 100 and 50 watts. It's going to be $1000 street though, whereas the 50 is $600 and 100 is $800.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Last edited by ChrisBW at Aug 27, 2010,
Awesome man, that's what I was kind of leaning towards to anyways, I'm just trying to look over all the options I have.

The thing that sucks is that I wouldnt be able to actually play a Jet City 50, let alone Jet City anything in person with my own guitar, pedals, etc. I CAN however play the TSL60. Based on your opinion alone, what would you guys prefer to have for versatility reasons, and which one would excel more in the 2 worlds of worship and Metal?

Honestly, it's going to come down to which voicing you prefer. It's not as much of a definitive 'A' is better than 'B' as it is about just how the amp sounds. Either one will work great.

If you don't mind waiting a couple weeks I'm fairly sure I'm going to be getting one sometime soon. Not that clips will do you any better than what you could find on youtube right now. Look up FastRedPonyCar on youtube. He has good demos of the JCA100H and JCA100HDM. The 50 is almost exactly the same, just 50 watts.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
Do you think the JCA50 would be better to get than the TSL60 though?

I haven't even tried the 50 yet and I'm positive it would be a much better choice than the TSL

Can't stand the TSL.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 27, 2010,
The TSL without blinking......super versatile, Great crunch channel, and the lead channel is fantastic.....takes pedals well.....a big muff thru the clean channel is awesome. Another thing I love is how big a difference preamp tubes make...and its extremely bedroom friendly...I love mine....side my side with my stiletto trident and the mesa was gone.