I got a bronze warlock about 2-3 years ago for $60 because the input jack became desoldered and was missing a nut. I've heard horror stories about them falling out of tune and being shyte. I got it and loved the neck and bass response, never had a problem with it going out of tune but wanted a little more "oomph" so I popped in an emg in the neck and a duncan invader in the bridge, put in 1meg tone pots, 22 gauge wiring and now it's so beast. It never goes out of tune, ever since I lowered the action a little and set the intonation it's been a dream to play. I was happy with how it played stock with a metal zone but wanted to have more fun and improve the quality of the electronics and I couldn't be happier. I'm considering upgrading the nut to bone or nickel and the tuners to locking ones just so that it's got the makings of a guitar that you'd spend a few grand on. I've spent around $200 on the whole thing and I love it more than other guitars that cost $2,000. I'm partially expecting a flame war with post's like "dum nub, bc rich r ghey" but if anyone could go into detail about what they think makes them shit I'd love to hear anyone with a valid point. It rivals the fenders, gibsons and hand made guitars I've tried. Maybe I got lucky?
You defeated your own purpose. It is a shit guitar, but by replacing almost everything on it, then you can't really expect it to still be shit, can you?

The only thing you can't fix is the crappy wood that's in it.

I'm curious how it is you replaced the frets, but it's only cost you $200 for all the work you've done. I'm also curious about how you managed to wire an active and a passive together, even though it just has a vol-tone configuration.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
you done?

their cheaper guitars are garbage. if you put a few bucks into any guitar of course its gonna sound decent. but a STOCK warlock is just a cheap guitar. buddy of mine has a mockingbird, very nice guitar. plays like a dream.
people hate on bc rich and they shouldnt. a 200 dollar shit bc rich isnt any better that a shit epi leas paul special. the higher end rich's are really nice
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 Active
Schecter Damien w/ Seymour Duncan Distortions
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Visual Sound Double Trouble
Line 6 M-5
hasnt it got a body thats madeout of that cheap light chip board stuff that kind of resembles sawdust glued together then shaped into a guitar? my friend has a bronze series beast and im pretty sure thats what its made of...
Pretty much a pointless rant. The wood they use is total crap in the lower end BC Rich guitars. Not just the body wood either. The neck wood too is rubbish and the fretboard material. The back of the neck on the warlock I had was quite rough for a guitar neck which made it uncomfortable to play, the rosewood on the fretboard was also questionable.

The electronics of course are garbage and the setup it came with was also atrocious but this is just a sidenote as I get all my guitars setup. The only guitar I played that was worse than that BC Rich that cost me £250 was a Epiphone Les Paul special 2 that was rusty and in serious need of some love.

I have actually played £100 chinese made starter pack guitars from Toys R'us that feel and sound better.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by fromzero
I got a bronze warlock about 2-3 years ago for $60 because the input jack became desoldered and was missing a nut. I've heard horror stories about them falling out of tune and being shyte. I got it and loved the neck and bass response, never had a problem with it going out of tune but wanted a little more "oomph" so I popped in an emg in the neck and a duncan invader in the bridge, put in 1meg tone pots, 22 gauge wiring and now it's so beast. It never goes out of tune, ever since I lowered the action a little and set the intonation it's been a dream to play. I was happy with how it played stock with a metal zone but wanted to have more fun and improve the quality of the electronics and I couldn't be happier. I'm considering upgrading the nut to bone or nickel and the tuners to locking ones just so that it's got the makings of a guitar that you'd spend a few grand on. I've spent around $200 on the whole thing and I love it more than other guitars that cost $2,000. I'm partially expecting a flame war with post's like "dum nub, bc rich r ghey" but if anyone could go into detail about what they think makes them shit I'd love to hear anyone with a valid point. It rivals the fenders, gibsons and hand made guitars I've tried. Maybe I got lucky?

as others have said you defeated the whole purpose of your post.
you modded the hell out of a cheap guitar, so of course its going to play better.
i dont care for BC rich's cheap guitars (and i like cheap guitars) but it IS your guitar, i cant fault you for that.

just have fun with it hopefully itll give you many years of shredding.
Quote by fromzero

LOL WUT????

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Dude's either bullshitting or doesn't know what the ****.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
The worst part about the guitar is the crappy hardware, even for a cheap starter guitar it's bad. They often have shitty fret jobs, too. If you have replaced nearly everything on it, you wouldn't expect it to be as shitty as the stock ones, would you?

Just that is lulzy enough. Now what really makes this funny is that you think an Invader through a Metalzone sounds good.
Quote by Offworld92
You defeated your own purpose. It is a shit guitar, but by replacing almost everything on it, then you can't really expect it to still be shit, can you?

The only thing you can't fix is the crappy wood that's in it.

I'm curious how it is you replaced the frets, but it's only cost you $200 for all the work you've done. I'm also curious about how you managed to wire an active and a passive together, even though it just has a vol-tone configuration.

I didn't replace the frets, when I said that I set the intonation all that I did was ajust the tune-o-matic style bridge with a flat head screw driver.

Quote by CreepingDeath13
hasnt it got a body thats madeout of that cheap light chip board stuff that kind of resembles sawdust glued together then shaped into a guitar? my friend has a bronze series beast and im pretty sure thats what its made of...

I never said the emg was active. I just said an emg. I got it used from a guy at a guitarshop in a set of 2 for $40 and it had a weaker rating but the tone was decent so I kept it in the neck, I couldn't figure out what model it was because it didn't say on the back. In all honesty after upgrading the pickups I was never fully satisfied with the tone until changing the pot's from 500k to 1meg. It's also fair to say that you should have

Quote by TheQuailman
The worst part about the guitar is the crappy hardware, even for a cheap starter guitar it's bad. They often have shitty fret jobs, too. If you have replaced nearly everything on it, you wouldn't expect it to be as shitty as the stock ones, would you?

Just that is lulzy enough. Now what really makes this funny is that you think an Invader through a Metalzone sounds good.

I actually said that the stock pickups didn't sound bad through a metal zone. I was using my neighbors setup when I was using the metal zone and since I've upgraded the pickups I haven't been by his house. I have been using the od on my marshall and different effects in guitar rig. I occasionally use a zoom multi distort / od pedal that's configurable but it sounds "plastic" at higher volumes so I don't use it too much anymore. Perfect for 10w amps or headphones but not too nice for more power.

I guess my next question would be if it's MUCH cheaper to buy a cheap-o guitar and upgrade it why do people always go with higher end models? I've never fully sanded it down so I'm not sure if it does have an alder body or not but plywood carries tones decently in the bass range and I like heavy music. I'm still learning alot about fixing up guitars as this was my first project guitar. I'd like to get a PRS SE 24 and make it nice too but I think they have flat tops and I like the arched top look for that model.
Quote by fromzero
I didn't replace the frets, when I said that I set the intonation all that I did was ajust the tune-o-matic style bridge with a flat head screw driver.

I never said the emg was active. I just said an emg. I got it used from a guy at a guitarshop in a set of 2 for $40 and it had a weaker rating but the tone was decent so I kept it in the neck, I couldn't figure out what model it was because it didn't say on the back. In all honesty after upgrading the pickups I was never fully satisfied with the tone until changing the pot's from 500k to 1meg. It's also fair to say that you should have

I actually said that the stock pickups didn't sound bad through a metal zone. I was using my neighbors setup when I was using the metal zone and since I've upgraded the pickups I haven't been by his house. I have been using the od on my marshall and different effects in guitar rig. I occasionally use a zoom multi distort / od pedal that's configurable but it sounds "plastic" at higher volumes so I don't use it too much anymore. Perfect for 10w amps or headphones but not too nice for more power.

I guess my next question would be if it's MUCH cheaper to buy a cheap-o guitar and upgrade it why do people always go with higher end models? I've never fully sanded it down so I'm not sure if it does have an alder body or not but plywood carries tones decently in the bass range and I like heavy music. I'm still learning alot about fixing up guitars as this was my first project guitar. I'd like to get a PRS SE 24 and make it nice too but I think they have flat tops and I like the arched top look for that model.

Man, those were pretty good answers to everything.

but the warlock has an agathis wood body. Which is the cheapest you can probably get.
It's your call on what guitar you love though.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
I've never been a fan of the Bronze series, mainly because of the crap components. But like everybody already said, you swap out the crap, and it's no so crap anymore eh? What's it like to be a rocket surgeon?

As far as the agathis body, I have a LP clone with an agathis body and I think the tone is just peachy.
It's a $200 guitar. Of course it's not gonna play as well as a >$500 guitar. But the only other guitars in that budget are Squire Strats, Special IIs, and Cheap Deans. Those are all frowned upon in UG.

BTW, is a Revenge Warlock as bad as these Bronze Series? Because I've had mine for about 8 months now and I have yet to experience any of these symptoms that give Bronze Series their bad rep. Only thing I don't like is the neck. It's not as smooth as my Jackson. Pickups are decent, but I'll upgrade those soon with a Dimarzio Evo/Super Distortion combo.
Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Schecter 006 Deluxe
BC Rich Revenge Warlock
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30