Do you like the use of lasers,lights,pyrotechnics on high energy songs live?

Poll: ?
Poll Options
View poll results: ?
Yes
44 86%
Doesn't affect me either way
6 12%
No
1 2%
Voters: 51.
Poll otw, I personally think it can really increase the energy of a show. Yea people are probably primarily there for the music but there it's also nice to have some bonus stuff like that.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Last edited by Msword7 at Aug 27, 2010,
Pink Floyd have proved on multiple occasions that it is F'ing AMAZING!
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper did a gruesome twosome tour, they both specialize in original stage effects, and they kicked ass at it. But a month ago I walked out on the last half of a Korn set because their light show was blinding me. Shine them at the sky, not the crowd.

Overall, yes. Vast improvement.
"There's a fine line between child abuse and discipline. Take my dad for example; when I screwed up, my dad would electrocute me. And look at me today: flawless. Electrocution builds character." - Maddox
One time it horribly injured a member of Metallica. So I support it 100%
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Why the **** not? It makes the music feel better and makes the whole thing more epic and intense. And if you're on substances, it aids in your trip.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I have albinism, which makes me easily blinded; I can tolerate it as a part of the crowd, but I'd rather not have anything too bright when I am performing.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
It surely helps to make a live show better. A band with awesome stage presence, crowd interaction, and lights that can fit the mood and energy of the music almost always have a kickass live show.
Quote by rgrockr
One time it horribly injured a member of Metallica. So I support it 100%

I used to like you too...
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by Oddpod11
Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper did a gruesome twosome tour, they both specialize in original stage effects, and they kicked ass at it. But a month ago I walked out on the last half of a Korn set because their light show was blinding me. Shine them at the sky, not the crowd.

Overall, yes. Vast improvement.

*nods vehemently*

I love the lights and pyros and stuff (though we don't really get pyro in Aus cause I'm pretty sure it's very legally tricky to get it allowed, or something) but when I saw Dream Theater the support act, Pain of Salvation, had some big lights roaming around during the set and they kept stopping pointed straight in my direction and they were really blinding and frustrating.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
When pictures turn out like this then sure why not

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I don't like it, no. When the band starts their stadium-rocking, fist-pumping anthem they should instead turn off the lasers and smoke, switch on all the stadium lights and turn the volume down.

Silly question, if you don't mind someone pointing it out.
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003