would the blackstar ht-20 be loud enough to play with drums in a practice situation un-micced? would the clean channel be clean/not distort at a volume loud enough to compete with/overcome drums?

thanks.
Yes and yes.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
so comparing this strictly to the loudness of a solid state, it would be about equivalent to around a 50 watt (but sound better as it's tube)...?
It will definitely be loud enough, but I'm not sure if it will have enough clean headroom. That really depends on the acoustics of the room and on the drummer.

EDIT: The whole tube watts vs SS watts thing is a myth. Electrically speaking, 20 watts is 20 watts regardless of the amp's technology. The loudness differences are usually due to other factors.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Aug 27, 2010,
Quote by CreepingDeath13
so comparing this strictly to the loudness of a solid state, it would be about equivalent to around a 50 watt (but sound better as it's tube)...?

Don't think it works like that...but its plenty loud regardless.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
ok cool thanks. i shall get the local music store to get one in for me to try out. i tried the ht-5 and it sounded pretty good.