Is this a problem?

For the last two days, my guitar has been in C tuning (I have been trying to play some Arch Enemy ) This is longest its even been in such a low tuning. Its starting to bother me and I'll tell you why. The G string sounds kind of out of tune or worn down. You can really notice when you play the first two frets or hold a note on it. Is this because I've somehow damaged my guitar? Its a Fender Squier btw.
Last edited by Skwisgaar1996 at Aug 27, 2010,
my guitar was like this when i first put it in c my suggestion is to change your action and tension up so that it suits your lower tuning, also look into thicker strings if you want o keep it this way.
For a heart of ice,
a winters night is a breathless kiss,

For a heart of fire,
a summers day is a lovers embrace.

-Me-
"ohh a piece of candy!!!"
How bout your strings, if you have a small gauge like 9`s or 10`s its likely a little flimsy compared to 11`s and 12`s. And also a squier strat unless you have it specifically set up for such a low tuning, the neck would probably bow and flex a lot causing that out of tune sound. If the strings are old then put a new set on, and if you want to continue practicing Arch Enemy (good choice btw) buy a heavier set.
Are they old strings, and do you clean them often? Dirty/old strings lose their intonation. It might be that the lower tuning means that the whammy bar is in a different position to normal, causing wrong intonation. Another possibility is that the neck has ever so slightly bent due to reduced tension. If you want to keep it in C, you may need to adjust that, if not it should be fine when back in standard. First thing to check is strings though!
Quote by AmottPetrucci61
How bout your strings, if you have a small gauge like 9`s or 10`s its likely a little flimsy compared to 11`s and 12`s. If the strings are old then put a new set on, and if you want to continue practicing Arch Enemy (good choice btw) buy a heavier set.

+1