Sorry for my noobines but can i plug a distrotion pedal into the normal input on my Marshall MG15CDR or is it not possible to put pedals on this amp. Also if it is possible whats a good distortion pedal to get? Thanks
yes you can. thats how most pedals go.
guitar--->pedals--->amp

go to music stores and play all the distortion pedals within your price range!
Last edited by CreepingDeath13 at Aug 27, 2010,
Of course you can use a pedal, there's no such issue. As for what distortion pedal, it all depends on what you play and how much you are willing to spend.
a pedal will probably sound shit on such a crappy amp, trust me i made the same mistake, you need to get a decent amp before you start worrying about pedals.
a pedal will probably sound shit on such a crappy amp, trust me i made the same mistake, you need to get a decent amp before you start worrying about pedals.

Distortion/overdrive pedals do sound good on this amp, dont worry about it.
I use my marshall MG15CDR as my home practice amp and it sounds just fine with a distortion pedal.
^The footswitches are for controlling functions of the amp, the footswitch-inputs are not meant to plug a distortion pedal into.

Quote by connorhxcchaos
Distortion/overdrive pedals do sound good on this amp, dont worry about it.
I use my marshall MG15CDR as my home practice amp and it sounds just fine with a distortion pedal.

....?

The MG15 sounds bad and no pedal can change that. But yes, you can just plug a pedal into it, it'll work.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Aug 27, 2010,
as i posted in another thread yesterday.....

its a bit pricey, ($200) but you will never need another distortion pedal again. sans amp PARADRIVER. search "sans amp" on musicians friend. i dont wanna post a link, cos im not sure if there are rules on here against that.

this thing is a BEAST. it gives you any amount of distortion you could ask for (think blues to death metal) with an incredible EQ section. treble middle and bass controls with a separate knob to determine WHERE in the EQ band you are controlling the mids. another cool feature is a "blend" feature. this is basically controlling how much of your guitars clean tone is coming through. a cool feature, but i never use it. also, it has a nice warm tone to it, so putting it in front of a solid state amp will give your tone the warmth of a tube amp. buy it. you will not regret it.