I've been playing for about a year now and still have the crappy amp that came with my first guitar, so I clearly I need to upgrade

I generally play classic hard rock/metal, and was thinking of getting a Peavey Vypyr 15 to serve as a practice amp, just to do daily hour of practice

to play with other people, and maybe small venues in the future, I was thinking of getting a Blackstar HT20 combo

what are your thoughts on these amps? are they good at what I want and is it worth getting two?

any advice much appreciated
What's your budget? The peavey vypyr is a modeller, which is ok, but better just to avoid.

As for blackstar I have no experience with them, I can't find any in Europe (I've been to guitar stores in France, Belgium, Germany, and England).
The Vypyr will be fine for a practice amp...I haven't really spent much time with that blackstar. But the time I did spend on it I wasn't disappointed like I was with the HT5
A HT-20 will be perfect for classic hard rock/metal, i have one myself.. and its loud enough to play with others and definitely small venues.

however, its probably best played at high volume since its a tube amp therefore it may be best to get the vypyr for practise.
Quote by Dream Floyd
As for blackstar I have no experience with them, I can't find any in Europe (I've been to guitar stores in France, Belgium, Germany, and England).

Blackstar are designed in Nottingham England - pretty easy to get hold of in the UK.

I'd go with orange over blackstar - but that's my personal taste. I'd definatly go with head/cab over a combo if you're going to be gigging much. If it's mostly non-gig playing then a combo would be better.

Where I am everybody shares cabs when gigging.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-