ok i have 4 mins to type this before my internet is blocked (at work atm)

so i have just got an epiphone 1967 reissue flying V
i am currently modifying the apearence of it by sticking some chrome diamonde plate vinyl over the pick guard and might change the pots in it (i have some spare EMG ones).

even though the stock pickups are pretty nice the low end sounds abit muddy so im considering changing them.

right

my gear is listed below, i currently play metal/hard rock but im looking to branch out abit, play some GNR or aerosmith.

i dont have a clue about pickups outside of EMGs so i could do with some advice on what to look for, what gutiars to try that will have the pups im looking for.

thanks in advance... 30 seconds to post.
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Seymour Duncan SH-4 ("JB") and SH-5 ("custom") are nice for bridge and SH-2(n)("Jazz") and SH-1("59'") for the neck.

You might like the really versatile JB / Jazz combo which is vastly popular. Good, warm distorted sounds and smooth cleans. Swapping neck pickup is only necessary if you use it sometimes (duh!).

Custom (SH-5) is ceramic magnet so the sound has more definition but is colder.

Someone else should give info about the dimarzio line...

The pickup swap itself is really simple, only need to solder @ 4 spots.

Don't use the EMG pots, they're 25k whilst passive pickups need either 250k or 500k. If you wanna upgrade the pots I suggest going to local guitar shop or browsing online for some.. I heard dimarzio makes good pots.
Last edited by Rautio at Aug 27, 2010,
ok thanks ill do some research on those, one thing i would like to add is that i would like some pups that can be brought with a chrome cover on them since i am modding this guitar with a metallic theme it would be nice if the pups would go in that theme but its not essential
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band