Hi, i've been playing guitar for almost 2 years now and the hardest thing i can play is the solo from Fade to Black(Metallica). Am i any good for the amount of time iv'e been playing?
The real question is, are you comfortable with where you are right now? Because there will always be someone better and there will always be room to improve.
No 'how good am I' threads. *reported*

also... It's all relative, how good do YOU think you are?
its all up to you. playing metallica is pretty hard, ive been playing for a year, and i can only play a little bit of metallica. keep practicing to get better
There's no set place you should be after a certain time. There are a lot of factors (practice time, lead vs rhythm, genre, etc. )
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
What kind of player do you want to be? I can't play any fast solos (I believe I could though, I just don't look them up because that's not my thing) but I can write nice melodic ones and play with expression. I have been playing for 3 years. Just decide where you want to get to and go for it
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.