Poll: Which guitar's better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar's better?
Squire Classic Vibe 50s Tele
6 40%
Vintage V100
9 60%
Voters: 15.
Subjective question is subjective. Which one do you like more? That is the one that is "better."

The Squier is pine/maple, the Vintage is all mahogany. Completely different tonal characteristics. The Squier has alnico single coils, the Vintage has ceramic humbuckers. What are you going to be playing, what's your signal chain look like, what amp are you going through? The Squier is going to be more twangy and snappier, the Vintage is going to be darker and likely have more bottom end. Take all that into consideration.

Short answer: Strat.

Edited for accuracy, and I'd probably go with the Vintage.
for what kind of music?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
the v100 would be more versitle and you could even get tele/strat tones out of it if you coil tap it
v100 all the way
Well I'd be playing stuff like Led Zeppelin, pink Floyd, Queens of the Stoneage, Radiohead. Look at my favourite music on my profile to see the kind of stuff I'd play. I'd be playing through a small marshall amp probably and I tried both guitars today. Personally, I was very impressed with the Classic Vibe tele and the V100. That's why I need your help. But I've heard that classic vibe teles are even built to MiM standards nowadays.

Also, Is pine a good wood for electric guitar bodies?
Gear:

Squier Tele Custom ii (p90 version)

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
Last edited by guitarwalrus at Aug 27, 2010,
Well, I played a Tobaccoburtst V100 and actually considered buying it, and that's saying a lot considering I usually find LPs rather hideous(*chainsawed*) and too "fat" tone-wise, so to speak(I normally like Megadeth/Pantera-ish tones with low, low mids for my distortion, and really clean cleans.). So I'd probably give that a whirl, but, then, I've never played a Squier I didn't like either. I'd go with the one you like the feel of better, I don't think you can go wrong with either tonally. And I've never heard of a pine-wooded electric body so I'm thinking it's not a great idea. =P
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Well I played the squier and I must say the neck felt really good and fast. But maybe the V100 just sounded worse for me because I plugged it into a bad amp and I tried the Classic Vibe with a good one. Oh well, I might go back there again. Keep the opinions coming though.
Gear:

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
this poll looks like it could go either way now. squier's catching up with the vintage. please keep your opinions coming
Gear:

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S