So i was thinking of getting a vox vt30 for bedroom playing and occasional small gigs. I've been Playing for 2 years and are getting a ibanez S/RG soon i Play mainly rock and metal and a little bit of jazz. Is this amp suitable for these? Also i read that you can't plug in pedals for distortion/reverb is this true. Thanks
Last edited by shields17 at Aug 27, 2010,
it'll be fine for rock and jazz. now which kind of metal? idk why you would want to plug in a pedal for reverb because it already has reverb on it although i'm sure it'll sound fine. i've never used a distortion pedal on mine but it would probably be fine if you just used it on a clean channel. it just doesn't have an fx loop, which for some isn't really a big deal and for some it is. before you buy it, try it out and see if you like the sound and how it reacts with a distortion/reverb pedal.
Its a good rock type amp, but when you put it into more metal territory it gets a little muddy. I run a OD pedal through mine and it sounds fine. You shouldn't need a reverb pedal though because it has plenty of reverb built into the amp.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Since the VT30 is a modeling amp, it should handle basically anything that you play, but it doesn't really have a strong point in terms of styles. its a very good amp IMO as i have the VT15 and love it.