Tonght my band has the biggest show we've done yet, problem is i'm really sick and can't really sing because my throat is so sore.
We only need to perform seven songs, and im only lead vocals on one, but i sing parts in almost every song.
I know that there is no way i will sound as good as usual, but How can i pull this off without sounding completly terrible?
I've been drinking lots of water, and have finished off a bottle of buckleys over the last two days, but my voice is still very raspy and cracks occasionally. i might be screwed.
Just be honest and tell everybody at the start of the show. Nothing worse than them just thinking you generally suck
This will start a RIOT! in me
There is only one, unfortunate answer to this question:

There is nothing you can do.

As the lead vocalist for my band, I've had a couple of times where, at band practise, I've been unable to sing properly because of illness. Warm water might make it feel better, but in the long run it does nothing.

That really does suck though. I'm sure you'll be fine so long as you can still hit some of the notes. But as long as you've got the other members behind you you'll be fine
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Last edited by Led Pepplin at Aug 27, 2010,
Well you should try boiling hot water with salt and gargling it. Ginseng tea helps me out sometimes, and of course you have to stay in vocal rest, only talk if necessary.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

Quote by FreakAddiction
Well you should try boiling hot water with salt and gargling it. Ginseng tea helps me out sometimes, and of course you have to stay in vocal rest, only talk if necessary.

This. My mom is a singer too and she does this whenever she's a little sick.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Thanks for the advice everyone, the show went pretty well, i was able to sing half decently through it, and everyone seemed to enjoy it.