Hi, I want to get an audio interface to record guitar and bass on my computer (something like Line 6 POD, M-Audio Fast Track etc.). I also need some effects/amp sim software. Here's the tricky part. I want to be able to apply the effects when I am mixing=after recording. I know this can be done with ProTools if you buy the plugin's you need, but can it be done without emptying my bank account? Budget: 400 USD tops.

Oh, and i would like to create MIDI drumbeats as well with the same program. What hardware and software should I get?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
Sounds like you should try Apple's Logic. I personally prefer Pro Tools (it can do everything you listed, even the MIDI with a little know-ho), but since that's not an option for both you and most people, look into Logic. I've got several friends that are also into audio that swear by it.
"Music Can Change The World Because It Can Change People..." - Bono

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING! SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION AHEAD!

Logic actually looks really good. But it's 500 bucks and i still need an interface. And it requires Mac OSX!?!? Out of the question. Anything else? A bundle with software and hardware in one might be good, to save money, IKD.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Quote by Ahlers
Logic actually looks really good. But it's 500 bucks and i still need an interface. And it requires Mac OSX!?!? Out of the question. Anything else? A bundle with software and hardware in one might be good, to save money, IKD.

Hi! Reaper works very good for the whole mixing thing. Also there are thousands of effects you can get. It includes about 150 but you can download more that you can apply after it is already recorded. They are good effects too imo. Also the BEST part is it's free for download, It's an "evaluation" but you don't have but it right away (or ever). Just buy it if you are going to be sell your music mainstream. Also you can get EZdrummer which is an AWESOME program which is like 130 bucks for the basic. Or you can find it for download which is extremely difficult and illegal... that's all i'm saying. As for the usb thing, from what i hear m-audio fast track pro is good... but i'm also looking to figure out what usb preamp i should get.
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
I know Reaper, that's what i've been using until now. But i find that the effects are pretty lousy, especially the Distortion/OD, its so horrible i can't use it. How can i find additional effects to integrate with Reaper?

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

try the amp vst thread, theyve got links for some amp sims (mostly free) and a few good effects. or just google something like "free ____ vst" with the blank filled in with the effect you want. there are tons of free vsts out there that you can find.

for an interface, what inputs do you need? for $200, something like the m-audio fast track pro or focusrite saffire would be a solid choice. leaves you some money for a drum program, such as addictive drummer or ezdrummer. both are on sale for the month of august at guitar center (still got a couple days!). the spend the $60 on reaper, and youve got a solid setup for around $400.