So today I ordered everything I need to order from GFS and now I'm just waiting until everything shows up on my doorstep.

In the meantime, however, I have a question as to the strap buttons. What is the best way to go about putting these in? Drill bit size etc... I just can't seem to find anything anywhere about putting those bad boys in. So any help would be much appreciated.

SORRY for the huge blurry, bad pictures. This is my phone :/

HEY...whats that box in the recycling!?

Oh....I think I get it now.

Yeah! Its the first piece to the best puzzle I've ever done! (Just hanging with my little buddy!)

The real deal. A '91 MIM strat neck and its in grade A condition!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Last edited by BrokenDstring at Sep 5, 2010,
Okay, well basically drilling holes is the only thing I'm tentative about, hardly any room for error, ya know? Electrical and everything I have figured out, but physically putting holes in this guitar body might need some guidance.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Sweet! I have been wondering about a strat kit, and can't wait to see how it turns out. I might end up getting one sometime soon.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I'm pretty excited, this will be my first adventure with soldering and major customization.

Basically I've been GAS'ing for an HSS American Special (Fender o'course) but, being in college and having no job this will be a much cheaper (and more fun!) way to get something I will be very happy with.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
I am interested in seeing how this turns out as well.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Drill a hole the size of the shaft of the screw (the total diameter minus the treads)
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Quote by BrokenDstring
I'm pretty excited, this will be my first adventure with soldering and major customization.

Basically I've been GAS'ing for an HSS American Special (Fender o'course) but, being in college and having no job this will be a much cheaper (and more fun!) way to get something I will be very happy with.

Ya, I would like to have an American strat too, but now is not the time. I did some minor to intermediate customizing and it is fun and not too hard. I thought soldering was going to be hard but it is not at all. I changed some pickups in one of my guitar in less than 5 minutes, and saved about $20-$30 because I did it myself. Its a good thing too know.

Be sure and post pics of your project!
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Bump for massive ugly pictures!

Postage has been a bear lately, and living in a semi-permanent dorm makes it worse. Ugh...I had to change my shipping and billing address and the money from selling my xbox didn't get put in to my account until just three days ago (I sold it 10 days ago). So hopefull everything will be here Thursday and Thursday nights are my nights with a couple of gear-guitar-geeks like myself so everything will be getting put together that night.

The finished product will be a 2-tone sunburst body, a maple/rosewood fender neck (above), chrome hardware and black accessories/pickups etc. So I hope this thing will be as sexy as my mind's eye is picturing it! Stay tuned!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
My blank canvas has arrived! Okay, metaphorically speaking
I realize this isn't quite as exciting as other builds, this is more of an assembly, but it will be my first adventure with wiring and making something my very own

Just a few of the other GFS items that will be used on this bad boy.

LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
ANNND the mim neck is in...with a little lovin, touchin and squeezin!

LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam