Right! Been a while since ive posted on here so go easy if im in the wrong place!

Basically, going to be getting another Ibanez S, and i know the INF pickups arent great, so im gonna be switching them out, for some Seymour Duncans. THats important, DUNCANS!

I have an S already with the following pickups setup:

Seymour Duncan Jazz SH-2N (Neck)
Seymour Duncan SVR-1 Vintage Rail (Middle)
Seymour Duncan Distortion Parallel Axis PATB2 (Bridge)

Was just wondering if anyone had any combinations they favour for old school heavy metal (Iron Maiden) /Melodic Metal (Firewind)?
I play (as you might have guessed) 80's style metal, using an Engl Powerball incase you needed to know that too!

I do a lot of the more run-based soloing in the neck position as i like the smooth, full sound and for the big screamy bends, the bridge pup!

I love the set up i have in my current S, the rails with the Jazz gives a full, fat but "plinky" clean tone that i love, just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts?

Thanks!
Up The Irons!
Get SD Blackouts.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
i dont wanna shoot down anything straight away, but i dont really wanna go for actives! But i heard the Mick Thomson ones and they surprised me! Nice pups!
Up The Irons!
Well, you could get a set of Duncan Distortions and a hot rails for the middle, possibly.
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
You could just go the old tried and tested JB/59' combination.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
im listening to the JB/59 at the moment on the site i quite like it! I think the Duncan distortions are bit too harsh for my ton style really, im not a super high gain kinda player!

what about middle pickups?
Up The Irons!
Well Janick Gers of Iron Maiden uses a little JB in the bridge of his strat paired with a hot rail so possibly a hot rail if you want an iron maiden sound. Or you could just go something soft like an Alnico Pro II
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Ooo! Other guitarist in my band has a hotrail in his acutally, ill ask him what he thinks!
Prelinary thoughts are JB Bridge, Hot Rail and PATB2 in the neck!

Keep suggestions coming and ill check em out
Up The Irons!
I've got a duncan SH - 12 in my strat and love it....it big and fat with a growl. SD customer recomended a trembucker for a strat......it reminds me of a cleaned up gibby 498T....