Hey guys... I need a classical guitar to practice on. The budget is 300-500$ so I'm not planning on putting a lot of money into it.

Can anyone recommend me anything? I don't play classical at all, I usually play electric and I started on the acoustic.

I can't find any Classical guitar buying guides... so can someone help me?

Thanks ;D!

Also... on a side note... is it worth fixing a cracked bridge on my dad's old ibanez acoustic he bought in the 60s-70s?
Quote from TGM "We're all musicians, we should protect our ears like we protect our dicks."
The classical guitar I play Is a yamaha and this site has some nice deals on them: http://www.guitarmusician.com/yamaha-classical-guitars.php and they look like they might be in your price range! Hope it helps, enjoy your classical rockin!
My E-Family

Quote by Scyther
Banned are vic and rebel at it again? Do I need to get the hose?

Quote by Oyface
What a rare sight, a non ignorant christian.

UG's Most Attractive Female 2011!!

PM me if you are ready for a jail break
Quote by BlessedRebel15
The classical guitar I play Is a yamaha and this site has some nice deals on them: http://www.guitarmusician.com/yamaha-classical-guitars.php and they look like they might be in your price range! Hope it helps, enjoy your classical rockin!

Hehe thanks, but any recommendations in particular? I don't really buy guitars online ;/, I like to try them out first.

Right now there's only a handful of guitars that I can get at the store that seems suited for me. There's 2 brands in particular La Patrie (Made in Canada) and Almansa (Made in Spain). There's even Ibanez ones (I'm not sure if they're any good though).

There's a used Takeharu and a used Hondo for sale too.
Quote from TGM "We're all musicians, we should protect our ears like we protect our dicks."
If you don't know much about acoustics, cheap ones are plywood, mid range are plywood with hardwood tops, and the best are all hardwood. You'll at least want a solid top. The two main woods used for tops are Spruce and Cedar, they both have different effects on the tone. Cedar is common in classical's because classical style is more about picking and cedar gives more note definition.

La Patrie guitars are great, my brother just got one and I'm really jealous. It sounds excellent and is well made. Their at the upper end of your budget though. I'm also a big Yamaha fan, the solid top CG series are the ones to check out. CG is the mid range series, those ending in the letter S are solid top.
Quote by ChadKilliams
If you don't know much about acoustics, cheap ones are plywood, mid range are plywood with hardwood tops, and the best are all hardwood. You'll at least want a solid top. The two main woods used for tops are Spruce and Cedar, they both have different effects on the tone. Cedar is common in classical's because classical style is more about picking and cedar gives more note definition.

La Patrie guitars are great, my brother just got one and I'm really jealous. It sounds excellent and is well made. Their at the upper end of your budget though. I'm also a big Yamaha fan, the solid top CG series are the ones to check out. CG is the mid range series, those ending in the letter S are solid top.

Hehe, thanks! I think there's a used La Patrie guitar in my budget... I think I may get that Thanks , there are a couple of Yamaha guitars over here as well... but I'm sorta prejudice of them :S I didn't like their basses that much... but that shouldn't mean their classical guitars are bad.