Page 1 of 2
I Know you are terribly sick of these threads, but i've exhausted my options

I'm in the market for a new guitar for metal, one with balls.

I want sound, and i want style, but i also want reliablitility
so floyds, there out, too much string breakage, too much fiddling, too much too go wrong, you may want to argue if you take care of it properly ect ect, i know how to set up a floyd, and how to keep it in check, theres still a much higher risk, pure statistics. and i would never gig with a floyd without a backup.

so that said i want hardtail/stringthrough, ect
I also want this thing to have sound, so EMG's preffered, but blackouts, DiMarzios, something with some bite to match its bark.

and lastly, I'm on a budget, £400. i can install the pickups myself, but guitar and pickups still has to come to £400 or under.

so what ya got?
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
rondomusic.com any of the agile guitars are great. super affordable as well.
Quote by StillSoundRG
I don't like you ACFCPatrick. Your views differ from mine.
Quote by ACFCPatrick
rondomusic.com any of the agile guitars are great. super affordable as well.

Ditto.
why don't you find a used epiphone les paul and upgrade all the electronics did it with a honeyburst epi les paul that guitar center sold me cheap and put new pots and wrirind and seymour duncan pickups and the guitar sounds pretty damn good now and it cost me in total about 400 dollars
current gear
music man steve morse y2d
fender american strat
yamaha dg 100
crate palomoino v32 head
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 sound like what you're looking for and should be in your price range.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Jackson DKMG = uttter shit, no offence fan boys, not my style, and agile don't do uk i believe, which is ****ing awfull because we need them.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Ibanez RGA-32. Install EMG's. They have Ibanez actives loaded in them though. Schecter C-1 Limited.
Quote by bananahammock

so floyds, there out, too much string breakage,

Haven't broken a string in 3 yrs with my FRs, and I abuse them. Hardtails (especially SG type saddles) break way more strings IMO.
32?
not even close
my first choice is actually an ibanez RGA42, and they're not EMGs they're Ibanez LZ3 pickups, like the LZ4s but higher output and more punchy,
great suggestion though, as ofcourse, it does fit my criteria perfectly, i just wanna see if there anything else out their, i can't be the only metalhead who loves EMG's and ****ing hates floyds but for some reason i can't find an EMG equipped good metal guitar with a shitty floyd under £500-£600

EDIT: sorry i read your post in a rush, ofcourse you did point out theyre ibanez actives not EMGs, tbh im not too fussed about EMGs, i like the LZ3's its just the LZ4 ibanez's standard active pickups which sucks ass. nowhere near enough
Last edited by bananahammock at Aug 27, 2010,
Quote by Tempoe
Haven't broken a string in 3 yrs with my FRs, and I abuse them. Hardtails (especially SG type saddles) break way more strings IMO.

lrntophysics

you must replace your strings religiously, because any ANY without exception ffs, tremolo, will be higher risk for string breakage, and any moving parts, are much higher risk for incidents (i wouldn't say breakages but minor things like a spring popping, its fixable in 15 minutes easy, but during a gig, your ****ed) we can bend strings, i don't need to wank a floyd so it looks like i can play well, i can play well.
The Schecter C-1 Limited has EMG 81x/85x. The reason I say the 32 is cause I think you can instal EMG's under 400 with it... Im trying to convert cause Im the US (but Im most likely doing it wrong >.<. The thing is with 32 is no mid-cut switch. The 42 and all have a mid cut switch so putting EMG's in the 32 is easier. I put Blackout's in my 32 and I love it. But i here you about finding the right guitar. I love the Compound radius of Jackson and I love the Rhoads shape. But they only use Alder and I like mahogany and the only ones with Ebony and no floyd is the Matt Tuck sig and the USA (I cant afford that >.< but again no mahogany :[
Quote by Zoot Allures

PRS se singlecut. You can play anything on that.

mmmmmmmmmmm PRS tasty <333333333333333333333333
Quote by bananahammock
lrntophysics

you must replace your strings religiously, because any ANY without exception ffs, tremolo, will be higher risk for string breakage, and any moving parts, are much higher risk for incidents (i wouldn't say breakages but minor things like a spring popping, its fixable in 15 minutes easy, but during a gig, your ****ed) we can bend strings, i don't need to wank a floyd so it looks like i can play well, i can play well.

Um...yeah...

All you had to say was "I don't want a floating bridge, because I don't use them"

There is no reason to disrespect all players who use a floating tremolo by saying that we are covering up our inability to play.

Oh, and Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Randy Rhoads, and countless others would like to have a word with you...

EDIT: And I wasn't going to do this, but you're being an ass...

This thread shouldn't be in GG&A, you should have put it in EG.

*reported*
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Last edited by SLonergan at Aug 27, 2010,
washburn x50pro FE
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
lolwut? gtfo

if he wants emgs and shit, the washburn is about the best you're going to get for £400 in the UK... any of the higher-end Xs I've tried (x50pro, x40pro) were nice guitars.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SLonergan
Um...yeah...

All you had to say was "I don't want a floating bridge, because I don't use them"

There is no reason to disrespect all players who use a floating tremolo by saying that we are covering up our inability to play.

Oh, and Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Randy Rhoads, and countless others would like to have a word with you...

EDIT: And I wasn't going to do this, but you're being an ass...

This thread shouldn't be in GG&A, you should have put it in EG.

*reported*

Full respect to the gods, doing insane things

but have you ever been to a local metal gig
the only guitarist with floyds spend all their time covering up their massive inability to play by playing a shit solo, then ending it with a dive bomb, and even if you're very talented and use several floyd techniques, the ends do not justify the means, a few silly sounds and some more extreme bends, at such a price you may as well sell your soul,

you flame me then report me? nice going dickshine, ****ing whiteknights.
Last edited by bananahammock at Aug 27, 2010,
Dude, Washburn is like jackson... The cheaper lines like the x is horrid, bad pups, bad action, flimsy feeling, not solid or nice sounding at all. Washburn is AMAZING once you enter the HM series and higher. But the X series is a waste of cash
Quote by bananahammock
Full respect to the gods, doing insane things

but have you ever been to a local metal gig
the only guitarist with floyds spend all their time covering up their massive inability to play by playing a shit solo, then ending it with a dive bomb, and even if you're very talented and use several floyd techniques, the ends do not justify the means, a few silly sounds and some more extreme bends, at such a price you may as well sell your soul,

you flame me then report me? nice going dickshine, ****ing whiteknights.

How did I flame you?

This is flaming:

Quote by bananahammock
nice going dickshine, ****ing whiteknights.

Calm down buddy...all I did was request a move to EG...its not like I reported you for being incredibly rude...

Quote by bananahammock
nice going dickshine, ****ing whiteknights.

hmm....

EDIT: Also, please stop bashing on Floyd users...its ridiculous...
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Reported.

Oh, there you go...he did it for me.

Thanks Zoot!
Quote by rmr024

I don't understand why you would be an ass if you're asking for advice?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Never heard "balls" used to describe a guitar. That's generally an amp characteristic.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Never heard "balls" used to describe a guitar. That's generally an amp characteristic.

gotta sig it
GEAR:
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH
Ibanez RGA-32
Peavey Vypyr 15
Line 6 Pod Studio GX + Pod Farm
Haha TS full doucher *lol'd*
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Quote by Dynamight
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 sound like what you're looking for and should be in your price range.

Thats exactly what I thought. I don't know much about metal, it's really not my thing, but I think this is pretty much exactly what you would want.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
I vote for schecter or a prs, cuz fiddling with them I can find love in metal plus I find them to have amazing necks. Uh I also agree with the comment of the ibanez stock pups, they are awesome, but I can't say they are netter than emgs, not that the emgs are better. Just have to find your sound on anything. All in all, schecter, guess they rock and are my fav guitar brand, never had a SINGLE PROBLEM, and a good prs, because they are just great sounding and playing. An on tue Floyd rose topic, I never broke a string, but the pitch can change with the slightest pressure, depending on where ur hand is, but they are a b***h to tune and restring

All my opinion
Quote by Jaredmkl
Washburn x is crap... Washburn HM is good, Idol is good, X is crap

Stop posting now, you don't know shit about Washburn guitars.

OP, look at the Washburn x50 FE.
a quid under budget and fits your specs.
you won't regret it.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
@People spouting out the usual schecter suggestions:

The threadstarter is in the UK, a magical place where schecters are hard to find, and when you do find them, they are horribly overpriced. and thus, there are very few schecter fanboys to annoy the hell out of you by going on about teh koil tapz.

TS you may want to have a look at fernandes, they are great value for money here and i think they have a few models that meet your requirements. Better than schecter to be honest as much as i hate "metulz" guitars i actually like fernandes.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
@People spouting out the usual schecter/Agile suggestions:

The threadstarter is in the UK, a magical place where schecters are hard to find, and when you do find them, they are horribly overpriced. and thus, there are very few schecter fanboys to annoy the hell out of you by going on about teh koil tapz.

Same idea's apply to agile so fix'd
Quote by siverstorm
Same idea's apply to agile so fix'd

well yeah, suggesting agile and schecter to UK customers is about as helpful as saying "lol do u drink tea?"
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by bananahammock
Jackson DKMG = uttter shit, no offence fan boys, not my style

His theory is questionable.
Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Schecter 006 Deluxe
BC Rich Revenge Warlock
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Page 1 of 2