I'm rebuilding a fender strat to be an HH, and after I was assembling the pickguard, I realized I dont have frames for the buckers and so they're free to wobble.

What can I do to stablize them besides buying a frame and drilling holes for it?
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Often their held down with screws going through the tabs off each side, with small springs under the tabs to hold them up so you can adjust the height

Chur
Right, I have them screwed and springed to the right height, but they still have room to wobble. Maybe bigger screws are needeD?

So your pickguard isn't holding them still? They should be a pretty snug fit in the pickguard

Chur
Nah, Their DiMarzios if that makes any difference?

brand shouldn't make a difference... what are you doing that would make the pickup wobble? maybe a bigger spring?
------

Shwiggity.
You should have a normal rectangular hole in the pickguard, that just the coils of the humbuckers fit through. It should be a tightish fit. Then from the tabs on the pickups, you should have two circles drilled in the pickguard above them for the screws and springs.

If it is still wobbly, the rectangle for the coils may be too big, or the screws not tight enough. I suggest some foam.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
i had a similar problem.
i just put some rubber foam underneath the pickup on either side (top and bottom) to stop it wobbling. simple fix.