Can I hook up my Vypyr 100w 2x12 combo to a cab? If so how?
I just scored a Mesa Recto cab in PERFECT condition for under $500 and Im still saving for a head. But for now I want to put the cab to good use.
You mean convert it to a head?

Uh, you can either chop up your combo or build a headshell for it, but it'll all be useless if it doesn't have a speaker out.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I was gonna leave it a combo and use a speaker out put to the cab.. but I don't think there is one :[
Well, you might be able to mod it to have a speaker out, but I dunno.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Do you know what I would do?

I would sell the 100w combo and get a Vypyr 120 head. Both the 60 and the 120 power tube versions have a 16 ohm speaker out. I would fricken love to hear one of those through your new cab.

Can your cab do 16?

edit: found that in the vypyr user manual starting here:

http://www.peavey.com/products/Vypyr/index.cfm
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 27, 2010,
Thanks for the link. Nah I need the combo for bedroom play. Im gonna buy a Roadster or a Triple Rec. Hopefully the Roadster. The Cab is at my bands practice space but I wana say it can do 16....
K kool.

so you want to keep your 100w ss vypyr for bedroom

Hells Bells a Roadster or Road King would be sweet. I take it that would be your gigging amp and the Vypyr would be your practice amp?

Again, get a second 212 cab for home and get the Vypyr 120.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
K kool.

Hells Bells
a Roadster or Road King would be sweet. I take it that would be your gigging amp and the Vypyr would be your practice amp?

Offtopic: Has someone been reading the Dresden Files? That's the only place I've ever heard/read that.

Dude. You do not need a 212 combo for a practice amp. sell it and see if you can get a Vypyr 30 or something for practice and put the other money towards a good head.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i already have the vypyr 2x12. yay birthday hahaha. So i need my head and my pedal board and my gcx syswtm before october 26 T.T. only 5 pedals but all this stuff is expensive
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I saw today that there is a new Vypyr 30w SS head

dude i love how youve put in like every post. +1 to win for that bro.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
K kool.

Hells Bells a Roadster or Road King would be sweet. I take it that would be your gigging amp and the Vypyr would be your practice amp?

Hells Bells a roadster? huh? xD
Quote by Jaredmkl
dude i love how youve put in like every post. +1 to win for that bro.

I should sig that

so yeah, how do you like your Vypyr 100w 212? Brootalz or what?

cereal, get 2 seperate cabs or one doesn't matter and what amp model on vypyr do you play on most often? Have you used the headphones yet?
sig it bro ;D. I like my Vypyr. If you can get the tube power amp one do it!!! I'm a mesa fan so I use the Recto, and I use the XXX for clean. I dont have the sanpera (sad panda) but its way to expensive. Its the best modeling amp around, but my shows are getting bigger, its time to graduate. The next show we play is muzik fest hahaha so there are producers and labels there, so Im busting out the tube half stack. "AND THE LORD SAID LET THERE BE BROOTAL METALZ! And it was Mesa..." ;D
that is funking awesome....

sounds like you are track.

yes the real deal will never replace a modeler................but I've heard some recent news that tubes suck.

If you do get a recto....please consult with MatrixClaw. He should be easy to find. He will tell you to get either a Single Rec, Vetta II or a Vypyr 120 head mang.

do it up
I believe in tubes! hahaha. I dont think they suck, They give me the tone and feel I LOVE
... I KNEW THAT .... ;D lol hahaha. Well Im still saving up hahaha, no single rec, I need 3 channels. Um can I run Amplitube or Guitar rig through a cab? I have a Line 6 (ew) Tone port 1 for my computer.
^you can run guitar rig through a cab but you need a power amp. what do you want to use guitar rig for? if its for practicing at home and recording, get studio monitors
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.