Page 1 of 2
As I see it, this just makes for a good excuse to have more bacon sandwiches.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Does that mean every wheat farmer will get hungry?
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Awesome, perhaps we can support more people by producing more food. Oh right, morons will soon be protesting that it's unethical and playing god and GM food won't be readily available or the bonuses will be counteracted by idiots eating 'organic'

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Man cannot live on bread alone, and stuff.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Man cannot live on bread alone, and stuff.

But, we could modify it to be easier to grow in Africa which will be a step towards combating poverty. Next up: Vegetables and then...well some way of making meat production more resourceful - preferably with science

Cool. I don't see how it'll make people vegetarians though.

Scientists need to work on a meat supplement pronto.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Shame I'm allergic to wheat...

YAY!!
E-adopted by Andrea55

Quote by RubberPuppiessu
sucks to be you

Quote by metal4eva_22
you fail on so many levels it's funny

Formspring

[Insert statement here]
That has to be the most boring article ever. Big words and scientific breakthroughs... About wheat.

Who gives a shit?
It's stuff like the OP which makes me amaze at science and the things we can achieve with it.

Can they genetically modify wheat to make it gluten-free so I can eat it?
Fassa, you can eat some flour products but not bread - bread requires gluten more so than normal products and uses a different kind of flour with lots of gluten for this.

this is why I agree 110% with gmo's, science helps people! we as a race now need them and you still have annoying religious ****ers complaining ''you can't play god blah blah blah'' , and since the church runs a lot of schools and organisations and has a lot of influence, advancement is scuppered....
Quote by sg255
As I see it, this just makes for a good excuse to have more bacon sandwiches.

This was my first thought aswell.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
We should not be doing this. We don't know how much we think we do, and we should know everything before we start feeding it to the general populace.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by conor-figgy
this is why I agree 110% with gmo's, science helps people! we as a race now need them and you still have annoying religious ****ers complaining ''you can't play god blah blah blah'' , and since the church runs a lot of schools and organisations and has a lot of influence, advancement is scuppered....

No one likes your kind. Get the hell out. Don't spur your hypocritical shit everywhere.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by conor-figgy

Mapping the genome could help in the identification and treatment of many different diseases which affect the wheat crop, and could also breed better and bigger wheat stores, effectively wiping out hunger.

Screw the religious idiots who want us to live in the Stone Age, stuff like this helps us!
Quote by jimmyled

That's why.

If they don't make a meat supplement, and we end up (somehow) killing off our only sources of protein (MAINLY meat, but not only meat), we will resort to plants. Peanuts, etc.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
You get between me and my cow there's gonna be trouble.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
You get between me and my cow there's gonna be trouble.

I hope you're talking about a female person there...
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by RockGuitar92
No one likes your kind. Get the hell out. Don't spur your hypocritical shit everywhere.

my kind? i was referencing to the ''westboro baptist church'' (creators of god hates fags), not all religious people, i have no problem with religion and if I offended anyone I apologize.
Quote by conor-figgy
my kind? i was referencing to the ''westboro baptist church'' (creators of god hates fags), not all religious people, i have no problem with religion and if I offended anyone I apologize.

I am Atheist. I am just saying bashing religion. Not everyone is like that. It's no more different than those that bash the people who don't like religion. Get what I'm saying, broski?
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92

Not sure if..

Edit: the guy is saying that sometimes religion can stop science from achieving certain things, and you have to agree that it does happen, so I don't see how his post is hypocritical.
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Aug 27, 2010,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Shame I'm allergic to wheat...

Who knows, maybe they can make a version that doesn't make people allergic.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by RockGuitar92
I am Atheist. I am just saying bashing religion. Not everyone is like that. It's no more different than those that bash the people who don't like religion. Get what I'm saying, broski?

Well I myself am agnostic, and as i said i don't mean everyone! Just people with the ideals of the wbc...you get me?
Cows who are fed GMOs(most of them) called r-GBH transfer the hormone in their milk. The hormone causes prostate cancer, for starters.

GMO corn increases your risk of getting Alzheimers because it is pesticide resistant. So they use more aggressive pesticides that even the trace amounts left after washing will cause it.

Then they wanted to increase soybean quality, but ended up transferring the food allergy to Brazil nuts into soybeans. Could you imagine someone dying while sticking to their dietary restrictions just so a corporation could save money?
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Who knows, maybe they can make a version that doesn't make people allergic.

Perhaps someday we can create genetically modified foods that kill ignorant intolerant asshats on contact.
What a wonderful world it would be.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by the bartender
I hope you're talking about a female person there...

I'm talkin' about my T-Bone bro.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I'm talkin' about my T-Bone bro.

So, a male person then...

>_>

Anyways, it this could help starvation even by a fraction of a percent, than I am all for it.
Quote by Zombee
Cows who are fed GMOs(most of them) called r-GBH transfer the hormone in their milk. The hormone causes prostate cancer, for starters.

Then that shouldn't be used/

GMO corn increases your risk of getting Alzheimers because it is pesticide resistant. So they use more aggressive pesticides that even the trace amounts left after washing will cause it.

Then that's the farmers fault not the crop and more regulation should be in place, because the modifications help provide for the millions of people on the earth.

Then they wanted to increase soybean quality, but ended up transferring the food allergy to Brazil nuts into soybeans. Could you imagine someone dying while sticking to their dietary restrictions just so a corporation could save money?

Again, then that modification wasn't perfect - so what? It doesn't mean all are flawed. Being against a technology that is useful due to two cases is fearmongering and a rather regressive view point.

And how exactly will this make everyone vegetarian?
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Quote by stepco12345
So, a male person then...

>_>

Anyways, it this could help starvation even by a fraction of a percent, than I am all for it.

Bull is as good as cow on the grill man.
And I agree.

Quote by Zombee

I raise my own beef.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Screw the religious idiots who want us to live in the Stone Age, stuff like this helps us!

I thought you were religious?
Not only that, but its already being abused. A large corporation, Monsanto, won a court case to patent life. That is right patent an entire species of life. What? How can this be, Zombee? I will tell you.

They genetically created a kind of canola(with wheat, corn, and cottonseed to be the most common GMOs) that was resistant to Roundup. Monsanto were the only company that could sell it or its seeds. Well, their canola eventually cross-pollinated with fields in the area.

Monsanto created a group to test other farmer's crops, who hadn't bought the seed, for the GMO gene they created. Monsanto won the first case and now these farmers have to pay for testing and defensive farming techniques if they want to stay organic.
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
Last edited by Zombee at Aug 27, 2010,
Fuck Yeah, Bread!
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by Zombee
Stuff

Not a fan of Monsanto or ADM.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by jimmyled

Like Stem Cells?
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee

It would be kinda cool to own your own Easy-Steak-Oven.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 2