Well guys...I spent my first paycheck on something that I've been needing...very badly apparently.

Yup! I finally replaced my old DC Power Brick with the Voodoo Pedal Power 2...Isolated outputs FTMFW!

So, as expected, it cut down on my noise...infact, there is almost no noise unless I have my Tubescreamer on (but that's to be expected).

Here's some things that I didn't expect to happen...they were pleasant surprises!

-Increased overall volume
-Better, fuller tone
-More sustain

If I had known how big a difference this pedal was going to make, I would have gotten it sooner.

Oh, we also got this:

Its a Behringer Keyboard Amp/ PA.

Now, seeing as this is essentially a keyboard amp with PA functions slapped on, I didn't expect much...but wow!

First of all, the keyboard sounds better than ever...but what surprised me was the quality of the PA...

It only has one XLR (which is fine for my purposes), but the quality is pretty great. Now I can hear my beautiful voice amplified throughout the apartment (and my neighbors can appreciate my singing...poor them).
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Last edited by SLonergan at Aug 27, 2010,
HNGD bro! I've been looking into the Voodoo power supply for a while (also as an upgrade to my brick, lol) and you might have convinced me. Haha.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Sweet. I used to own one but it got stolen at a gig. I haven't bothered to replace it as I cut back on my pedals. It's a huge step up from the Dunlop unit for sure. You tried running the TS at 12V yet?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
You tried running the TS at 12V yet?

No! I didn't even know that was a thing...people do that?

What are the advantages?
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
HNGD. I picked up the same model a couple of weeks ago. Beats the hell out of buying 9V batteries all the time, and the SAG outputs are handy for experimenting with lowered voltage effect on a pedal's sound.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
there is a difference when you finally get decent power. that's for sure.

congrats on the new gear.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by SLonergan
No! I didn't even know that was a thing...people do that?

What are the advantages?

Yea, some people like it. I didn't notice too big of a difference tonally but it responded a bit better dynamically and had a bit more output.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Nice
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Quote by mmolteratx
Yea, some people like it. I didn't notice too big of a difference tonally but it responded a bit better dynamically and had a bit more output.

I tried it out...I definitely prefer it that way! I noticed it sounds less...digital...that's the only way I can describe it. When I run it at 9 volts, my tone changes noticeably, but on 12v it just stacks on gain, and a bit of volume, but it retains the original tone.

Much MUCH better. Thank you for the tip!
Quote by rmr024

Quote by SLonergan
I tried it out...I definitely prefer it that way! I noticed it sounds less...digital...that's the only way I can describe it. When I run it at 9 volts, my tone changes noticeably, but on 12v it just stacks on gain, and a bit of volume, but it retains the original tone.

Much MUCH better. Thank you for the tip!

Hmmm. Wonder how that will work with the Bad Monkey...
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
HNGD

Im probably getting one this week!
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
HNGD

Im probably getting one this week!

Its so nice dude...Get It!
Quote by rmr024