Time for a new amp!
So, i like the next amps:
Line 6 Spider III HD150(which is on sale from 400e to 250e)
Bugera 6262/333(450e)
i play mostly metal & metalcore but also want to cool it sometimes with a warm overdrive. I like mids on amps and like a nice bottom end (chug chug)
I heard the line 6 live, and 6262 on youtube, and really like both, so here are a few questions:
Is the line 6 tube or solid state? (its an amp head, but i dunno)
Is the presence knob that important?
Which would be better for live playing?
I have a mahogany guitar with emg 81/85 set, so share your thoughts with me
P.S. No, i can't afford more expensive amps, i need money for a cabinet.
P.P.S. I can buy used, so you can recommend some used amps in that price range(up to 450e), but have in mind that i live in Serbia. Most stuff is way more expensive than in USA... and i can't get some brands here...
so, i'm listening
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
amp doesn't matter :P
Out of just those two, the Bugera.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Youre gonna need one of these:

I'd take the Bugerea.
I pride myself on my humility.
Bugera. Hence my sig. EVERY line 6 product i've bought or tried has disappointed me. And trust me, i've tried a fair few.

Having said that, be sure to read up on Bugera's stuff first, their amps that were made before '08 (i THINK) tend to fail quite alot.
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
oh yeah, 2 more things:
1. i don't care for the effects on the amps, i have a multi-effects unit, so, more points to the bugera
2. bugera requires significantly more money(250e more, which, to me, is a lot since i'm just a student...), and an employee at my music store said a weird thing when i asked him about the 6262 and 333, he said "they are discontinued old models and we won't be getting them at all anymore", but i saw them in another store of the same franchise... (in another city, though)... so, what was that all about??
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
The Line 6 is a solid state, and one of the worst examples of the technology. Get a Bugera. You won't regret it.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
That line 6 head is NOT tube. Line 6 does have a tube head which produces much more power, but is far more expensive. From my experiance that head you are thinking of should give you a really good sound. I own a Line 6 tube 112 which is 40 watts, and is powering a cabinet. I have years of experience with line 6 amps, I play mostly thrash and progressive metal. The amps produce very clean sounding distortion, as long as you know hot to dial in the EQ properly. Beware though, Line 6 amps are known to get allot of problems, I just spent 305 CANADIAN Dollars to get my amp fixed. (ALLOT OF MONEY). But if I were you I would go for that head. Also, line 6 is great for live performances because you can but a pedal and set 4 custom presets/channels. For instance, you can be playing rhythm guitar on channel A, need to bust a solo? simply hit channel B with your toe, and you can have a louder setting maybe with some delay. VERY EASY TO WORK WITH AND MUCH EASIER THAN PAYING FOR SEPERATE PEDALS FOR VOLUME BOOST/DELAY/REVERB/OTHER.
Quote by --ESTRANGED--
Bugera. Hence my sig. EVERY line 6 product i've bought or tried has disappointed me. And trust me, i've tried a fair few.

Having said that, be sure to read up on Bugera's stuff first, their amps that were made before '08 (i THINK) tend to fail quite alot.

then you played some spiders and pocket pods?

and if you don't know don't post.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 27, 2010,
My 333XL never had any problems after a year and a half, although it's quite noisy and is very on and off when it comes to sound, some days my tone is sooo smooth and the bottom gets so nice and chunkay, but other days I don't even want to play because the tone gets so crammed and frustrating. Pretty nice buy, especially in comparison to a Line 6.
Smart Pothead and Proud
Quote by gregs1020
then you played some spiders and pocket pods?

and if you don't know don't post.

yes, i've played pretty much the whole pod 'family'

and yes, i've played a spider or two, and they just didnt impress me. We're all different man, what appeals to you might not appeal to me, so dont be like that. and so what if i 'think' that their amps from before 2008 were dodgy? a quick google search can verify that.
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
Quote by --ESTRANGED--

and yes, i've played a spider or two, and they just didnt impress me. We're all different man, what appeals to you might not appeal to me, so dont be like that. and so what if i 'think' that their amps from before 2008 were dodgy? a quick google search can verify that.

Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
+ Infinity Bugera .. Death to all Spiders.

PS - Boost it
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Wait, a Spider vs a Bugera?

What was the question again? This seems too silly so I must be reading it wrong.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Nesha Strah - Where are you going to buy your amp from?

400 EURO = $510 USD

Can you get Peavey amps too like a 6505+112 or Vypyr 60?

Mitros Music Company
i can get peavey but they are very expensive and there are just a few to choose from (excluding 5150 and the vypyr) :\
the 6505+ is 1300euro :\
see what i mean when i said "way more expensive"...
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
^ But that's a Peavey and it's brand new.

Surely there are used European brands available.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by --ESTRANGED--

right, the spiders and pods aren't line 6's best efforts, as i thought. vettas and flextones are very good amps for what they cost used.

you didn't say you searched anything. you said, "i think".

your whole post came off as bandwagoning blanket line 6 hate, and bugera reliability. which i must say i'm as guilty of as the next guy so i have to let you pass on that one. still that doesn't make it right.

neither really appeals to me, but this isn't about what i like. it's about what's best for the TS who is considering spending hard earned money.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Tube or Solid State. That is the real question.

:lurk

Which means absolutely nothing to someone considering buying the Line 6 in the first place
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
not really....most bugera's that i am aware of are all tube....no ss.

??

then again I like oranges and hate apples

Right. But he obviously hasn't had it hammered into his brain yet how beneficial a tube amp is. I am sure very few local musicians knew what a tube amp was when I was younger. And it certainly seemed like a lame idea to get a combo amp when you could get a halfstack cheaper. Check out some of my first posts on the UG forum, I was a noob much sooner ago than most of you.
Dude, if you live in Eastern Europe, check out musicstore.de
Its a German Music Store, but you can change the language.
Free shipping for orders over €200. They have loads of amps and stuff.
Have a look on there.
@patriotplayer90, i do want a tube amp, hence my question in the first post(is the line 6 tube?)
well, i guess bugera is the better choice, but please can someone shed a light at what my salesman said "bugera discontinued, old, etc" or is he just bullshiting me?
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
bugera, ill be swapping my XXX out for a 333(XL) soon
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by Nesha Strah
well, i guess bugera is the better choice, but please can someone shed a light at what my salesman said "bugera discontinued, old, etc" or is he just bullshiting me?
It might be true. They're going out of stock everywhere and are becoming pretty hard to find.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by kakos
bugera, ill be swapping my XXX out for a 333(XL) soon

*cough*what?*cough*

TS,go for the Bugera
been to the store today, tried a vox valvetronix 100w, what do you guys think of it?
i could order a burgera 6262 but it would be complicated, so i would like to have a "backup" amp
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)