I'm looking for a guitar that can get a good grunge style distortion out if it, but also great clean sound. If I had to choose, I'd say the clean sound is more important to me. Right now the Jaguar single coil is on the top of my list. Any others I should look at?
Squier by Fender Telecaster SSH
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
Fender HSS Strat
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

You need to change your amp before you change your guitar, at the minute your amp is the weak link in your tone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You need to change your amp before you change your guitar, at the minute your amp is the weak link in your tone.

fender frontman amps have very nice clean channels, so i would have to disagree with you there.
Budget definitely helps, if you're wanting a primarily clean-voiced guitar I would look at single coiled Fenders, HSS guitars, or something with a Seymour Duncan '59 or similar in the bridge. The '59 would allow you to get the clean sound you're after with a little breakup when you dig into it
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by canihasbucket
fender frontman amps have very nice clean channels, so i would have to disagree with you there.

No change of guitar is going to get a "grunge style distortion" though is it?

Personally I'm none too fond of the Frontman's clean channel either but that's just preference.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Under $1000. About the amp suggestion...I agree that the clean channel is pretty nice.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
flux'd can you send me a link to the pickup you described? Do you think it would be better to just change the pickups on my existing guitar? It feels great, I'm just looking for better tonal possibilities.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
Amp and then pickups or new guitar with better pickups ..
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Aug 27, 2010,